X

Scared the droppings out of me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared the droppings out of me!

This morning as I'm riding to work on the DVP. I guess I was still a little tired and not as alert as I would have liked to have been....I'm doing about 120Km/h and at the last minute I notice that the car in front of me has come almost to a complete stop. I hit the brakes full on and the back tire locked up...I slid forward a long ways before I was able to regain control and ease off the brakes.

Luckily the 1990 Katana 600 handles great and I came out of it without a scratch! That sure woke me up!! And I had to check my pants for droppings when I got to work.

I learned a valuable lesson today: Never get too comfortable on your bike.

So glad you were able to learn that lesson pain & damage free. We're all guilty of the same thing at one time or another.

Comment

Been there, done that . My only fear is can the guy behind me stop as fast as I can .
      Kyle

Comment

yeah the guy behind you is critical. Hopefully they notice the car in front of you and aren't just looking at whats in front of them, but that usually don't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          Been there, done that . My only fear is can the guy behind me stop as fast as I can .
          +1

Comment

Considering how cold it was this morning, you'd think you'd have been wide awake BBBRRR, 1C/34F at 6am heading into Oakville today.
            Kyle

Comment

Been there done that myself.. especially on morning when I get up early,and havent gotten much sleep the night before. Yeah, its a wake up call, and its even more fun when it happens in the rain !

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
                +1
                +2 on the QEW ( on more than several occassions when riding to school back in the day ) Darn rush hour stop and go traffic when I'm half asleep
                Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

+3

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Been there too. I think it happens for a reason, to wake us up. I was doing about 20k less than you but freaky non the less.
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I like the fact that us Canucks can say DVP and QEW and know what we are talking about...its a code you forigners!

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                        Been there too. I think it happens for a reason, to wake us up. I was doing about 20k less than you but freaky non the less.
                        Damn Katgirl, I have to say you are very brave to do the speedlimit on the QEW . I don't think I could take that many cagers passing me while talking on thier phones, drinking thier coffees and reading books(yes I have seen a guy reading a book on the QEW).
                        Kyle

Comment

Definitely a good leason, most of us have been there atleast once. Check our pants that is
                          I find myself checking my mirrors as I am braking hard to be sure the rearend is clear. I have had to veer right or left to avoid getting it up the rear. We can brake better than the majority of vehicles out there, always be sure all sides are clear when braking hard is my leason for the day.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I had one of those in traffic . t really doas scare the you know what out of you
                            Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

had it happen on the 400 but the guy behind me was paying as much attention as I was and didn't have enough room to stop. because I was in the fast lane on the right he cut around me and hit the guy in front of me. I drove off thinking " I almost became a biker sandwich "

Comment

Working...
                              X