X

have any one ever used or heard of lowering straps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have any one ever used or heard of lowering straps

it is a nylon strap that you can use to lower your bike. you can go see what im talking bout here( it is on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35592
    "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

yes... i have seen them used on track use bikes like the busa kawaski shootout? I wouldn't trust them for the long haul. But that is my opinion.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

They're meant for the drag strip. Definitely not a suitable permanent way to lower your bike for the "long haul" as Z stated.
      -Steve

Comment

i believe duff said he has some he could probably answer any questions.

Comment

Drag use onley. Dont use them on the street. You have terrable handling when they are sinched down. They are to help hold the front down in hard lanches on the strip.
          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

+1 everybody else's comments. Strip only. Not a permanent mod, just for weekend track users.
            sigpic

Comment

yeep i have one, its from www.schnitz.com and dont use them on the street, i keep mine as loose as possible on the street to to interfear with the handeling, its worth if if your gonna drand and dont ahve a lot of weight to throw around aka me lol

Comment

actually its www.schnitzracing.com i think

Comment

Ive got to get one for the strip actually. That and a few sets of clutch plates. But the plates are back ordered till god knows when.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

i got some barret clutch plates thanks gixxer

Comment

I have never heard any thing good about the barnetts in gixxers. And seen a lot of pics to show bad things from them. Gixxer.com is anti barnett all around. And a lot of guys on psycobike will give first hand accounts of why they hate them. They all say to use stock plates.

As for kats. I have no clew. I havnt rode one in a while. They are still great bikes.
                      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Working...
                      X