X

mesh mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh mod

hi folks - new to forum ( all the way from sunny scotland) i have a 1997 gsx600f and want to cover the fairing openings with mesh . have seen one or two of the bikes on this forum with it . any tips on what to use and how to attach it . any help would be welcome
    its 1973 ,almost dinner time ,i'm having hoops

I'm not sure what stores you have over there in scotland, but I did my mesh mod using gutter guard from Home Depot. I'm sure you could find supplies at any local hardware store. Just look for metal screening that pleases your tastes. As for attaching it, I took all my fairings off, cut the mesh to fit the openings and secured using Quik Steel. Any epoxy/putty would work though I'm sure.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

thanks for the advice
      its 1973 ,almost dinner time ,i'm having hoops

Comment

Hi gib3000

I'm in London and did the mesh mod to my Kat. Go down to your local B&Q and get some gold, silver or black fire spark guard. it comes in anodised sheets. Think they go for about £9.00 per sheet.

If you don't win PM me and I'll give you my number.

Hope this helps.

Tok

Comment

I've done the mesh mod too, one of the coolest cosmetic mods you can do for a Kat. Basic gutter mesh, some JB Weld, and a pair of wire snips and you're all set. Just search the site for "mesh mod" and you'll find a lot of info.

Comment

I have not done this mod yet but I think WildKat has the right idea.
            American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Working...
            X