X

Beep Beep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beep Beep

How often do you really use your horn, well if you can call the little meep meep standard motorcycle horn, a real horn
    All the time, I beep at hot chicks, cops, friends, and every cager who can't drive
    0%
    Only in emergency situations, someone cuts me off, or doesnt move when the light turns green, etc.
    0%
    Rarely ever use it, I just dont bother with it.
    0%
    What,there's a horn on my bike ???
    0%

I voted "what? there is a horn on this thing?" you ask why? because my exhaust is louder than the stock horn! that 3 second reaction time can be a doozie, I think my 3 seconds is better spent getting out of a situation that constitutes using the horn. As far as babe's go, I still use the twist of the throttle IF I want to impress instead of a whimpy meep meep
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The horn was one of the first things to get replaced. I'm not even sure if 132 dB is loud enough... If I could find a 150dB horn that would fit in the right spot, it'd be on there. My thumb is hovering over that horn button any time there is a vehicle within 15 feet of me...

Not a panic reaction issue -- just how I was trained (German Driving Instructor's school).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I use it wave bye-bye to my buds...

Comment

im an @$$ on my bike, if you go slow or drive through dirt that you could have a voided, your gonna hear it plus im a m@$$#ole lol so im allowed to do it

Comment

I'm much more concerned with being ready to get out of a bad situation. I want to be out of the way, before there's time to tell someone else they need to watch out.

I will use the horn to say hi to the hunnies 8)
            Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

I never use it, fairly sure no one would hear it anyway. Id rather get out of the way then make that little meep meep
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I probably use it more than I realize I do..but only in the city/town for the most part to get a cagers attention if need be.. and only after Im done letting them know they're number 1, for cutting me off.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  I voted "what? there is a horn on this thing?" you ask why? because my exhaust is louder than the stock horn! that 3 second reaction time can be a doozie, I think my 3 seconds is better spent getting out of a situation that constitutes using the horn. As far as babe's go, I still use the twist of the throttle IF I want to impress instead of a whimpy meep meep
                  Well said.

Comment

Now that I changed the horn,
                    (FYI you will need a relay to upgrade)
                    I havent had to use it.. Funny huh?

However, does anyone else have the problem of tapping the button after cancelling the directional?

Comment

Typically I will keep the button covered if I am in heavy traffic/merging situation.

Outside of that I rarely use it. ( except to beep at my kids)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Now that I changed the horn,
                        I havent had to use it.. Funny huh?

However, does anyone else have the problem of tapping the button after cancelling the directional?
                        +1 on that!!

That should be an option in the poll!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Range and I don't have to honk at women... they're already staring at us before we have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                            Depends on the brand/type of replacement you use. I have a freeway blaster and didn't have any problems with the wiring or fuses once I made sure I had the two-wire, non-mounting-bolt-grounded version.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Interesting..
                              All I could get out of mine was Whakka Whakka..
                              Turns out the circuit was acting as a current limiter.
                              Using the relay is easy however.
                              I used one made for fog lights; it had spade type connectors built in.
                              One wire (with inline fuse) attached to the battery and connect the old horn wires right up to the spades. Ground the horn with a wire to the "birdcage"...
                              The relay actually had connections for two outputs..

I have another horn waiting!!

Finding a place for it to live is hard..
                              Lucky I dont have fairings..

Comment

Working...
                              X