X

Wiping condensation from antifog visor on the road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiping condensation from antifog visor on the road

Searched around the forums a bit and on the mfr's website, but not finding a practical answer so far...

I have a Scorpion EXO-700 helmet with antifog visor. I'm a heavy breather, so it doesn't take much to get condensation on the visor when I'm stopped (condensation is better than fog, eh?). This morning, it was cold and humid, so the condensation wasn't clearing and I had to pull over.

Knowing that you're not supposed to "wipe" the inside of the visor with anything, and I had no cloth or anything with me to blot it, I had to resort to using the backside of my glove, which at least is some kind of fabric (nylon? polyester?). Otherwise, I'd have been sitting there all day.

Opening the visor a crack helped a bit, but with the humidity, there wasn't much air-drying to be had.

Any suggestions on a good type of cloth to carry around for condensation blotting on an antifog visor?? I'm thinking of keeping something in my jacket pocket, just for that occasion. Maybe a chunk of an old t-shirt or something?

Thanks!

MM

That's funny, I have the same helmet, and the other morning it was about 35-40* on my way to work and it fogged up/ condensed up so bad I couldn't see. I had to ride with it almost all the way open. I find that this helmate fogs up when you come even to a stand still like at a red light, but I thought it was just me.

Comment

If you took the nose guard thing out last summer put it back in. It forces your breath to go down and not at the visor.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I don't think mine has a nose guard. I bought it in November and removed nothing.

MM

Comment

I have the exo 1000 and it does the same thing. I open the visor and let the wind dry it if it gets too bad.

Comment

Mine does the same thing here...I'm on the ocean and the humidity is a biatch..but like he said, putting the plastic nose-piece back in does help a good bit.
            "set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul":mrgreen:

Comment

My 700 came with a nose guard which helps bunches. Until I lost it, I used an aero skirt as well...BIG HELP!!! I've got to replace mine ASAP!!
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

try using what the antifog stuff that divers use on their masks. It may work, just don't use to much.
                The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

I use a nose/mouth cover and that helps a huge amount. I think it may be too warm for summer riding but solved my winter riding issues. I've never used any of the anti-fog stuff on my visor but after using some on my windshield I'll never put it on my visor.
                  Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

I use the Respro Foggy Mask. I have had ZERO problems with fog...no matter how cold it is in the morning. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...k--502324.html

Comment

My buddy had that problem with his EXo-400 helmet and then he switched to their Fog-Free face shield. He swears by them. Just do not clean the inside with any type of "glass" cleaner. It will strip the anti-fog coating off of the plastic.

Also have you tried and FogX? I have not tried it myself so it is just a thought.

Comment

I was thinking about trying some anti fog stuff that I used to use on my paintball mask back in the day. I had big foggig issues then, I used the defog and installed a small fan in the mask too.

Comment

I was just at the shop, and a Scorpion rep happened to be there, so I asked him about it. He said if the inside gets dirty/dusty, then moisture will adhere to the dirt, thereby negating the antifog coating. Aha!

So, my helmet that was sitting for months in the garage gathering dust just needs to be cleaned. D'oh!

MM

Comment

I have the fogcity insert on the visor. No issues with fog at all since I had it put on.
                            - Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehead View Post
                              I use the Respro Foggy Mask. I have had ZERO problems with fog...no matter how cold it is in the morning. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...k--502324.html
                              Ditto.

Another thing, Scorpion has their version called "Breath Box". http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D...6FF1E825E1933A

And they have an electric heated visor conversion with a built in sun shade. http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D...6FF1E825E1933A

That's if you want to spent a $100.00. It's really designed for their snowmobile helmet collection but it looks like it would be compatable with any of the EXO.
                              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                              X