Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

his name was Luc...and he had brown eyes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• his name was Luc...and he had brown eyes!

As of 11:15 am this morning...I am a fully licensed motorcycle operator.

Almost didn't make it there...while riding to the M.O.T., I passed a speed trap...but as always...I was right on the speed limit (I knew they would be there). Turned the corner...4 lane boulevard...was passing a car, which was behind a pick-up and trailer when the old crazy BIATCH in her car decided to change lanes. I was RIGHT beside her rear wheel...and I could CLEARLY see that she was not looking at all. I hit the brakes hard and moved smoothly over to the curb...and she must have missed me by about 3".

I arrived early, clearly intending to practice riding around the area. looking for potential problems. After the scare, I decided to stick around and not tempt fate. Two SV 650s riders took (and passed) before me.
    The test was pretty simple and straightforward. They follow in a car (two people) and communicate via walkie talkie and earpiece. They had me drive down a busy street, turn into a residential area...pull over and get off the bike, back on the main street...onto the Highway. At this point, I merged right behind a transport...they told me to change into the left lane when its safe and then come back to the right lane...well...me being me...I changed lanes...BLEW past the truck and right back in...now THATS a pass! They had me get off...turn left then back on...pretty much doing the same thing all over again.

Luc really liked my bike...and as usual...remarked how he never knew Triumphs made bikes like this, complimented me on my lane changes (said I was showing off because the bike was so quick) . I did two things wrong...after the 2nd emergency stop, I forgot to signal....and when I made a left turn...I went into the left lane, and stayed there...I should have went into the right lane immediately after...but I was waiting for him to tell me. After I passed...took care of the paperwork (3 minutes) and started for home...1 block away...it started to rain....It held off long enough!

All in all...test is easy...testers are very easygoing and friendly (I remember the original Govt testers who were old miserable and would YELL) It is simple, straightforward and if you fail...its because you SUCK.

side note...coincidentally...12 years ago to the day...badbilly got her license

I have to say it sounds like you guys have a very impressive licensing system up there Range. Congrats on passing.

I'll still dump water on you again if I get the chance though.

Comment

Never had a dought that you would pass!!!!
      Way to go Buddy!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Congrats Range, way to go!!! Sounds fairly easy.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

U da man range!! congrats.. Now ur legal!! Look out!!

Sounds like your tester was alot cooler than the DOT ones down here..!!

Comment

Congrats. So does this mean that now you actually know how to ride?

Comment

Oh, our little Rangie is all grown up now. I feel so proud.....has anyone got a tissue

Congrats ya big lug!!!
              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

LOL Congrats Range.
                Kyle

Comment

We all know that Range really just showed him a "Good" time
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Congrats Range. Gald you passed it. My test was alot easier. Hey go down there turn around if you drop the bike you fail. I didn't and I passed.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                      Congrats Range. Gald you passed it. My test was alot easier. Hey go down there turn around if you drop the bike you fail. I didn't and I passed.
                      You should keep going back and have 1 more beer, to see how many beers you can have before you drop the bike and fail

I'm BUYING!!!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Cool Beans... Glad to hear you made it, even if it was easy...

PS - you would have failed the German driving instructor's test with those mistakes.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Congrats range. Now your really putting the pressure on me to pass.

Comment

way to go range. congrats!
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Congtrats, that's a pretty serious test compared to our test.
                              Walkie talkies and all the stuff you have to do, sheesshh!!!!!

All we have to do is drive in a straight line, brake at the end
                              and then drive in a circle, keeping the tires between the lines.

GREAT JOB 8)
                              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Working...
                              X