X

I CAN"T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CAN"T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!!

Ok... well yea everyone knows that i a 14. And i know i shouldn't be deciding now about what bike to bike. But i am tied between the SV650S and the Kat 600. I wanna have nice comfortable rides, but also have some fun (wheelies here and there), and i don't want to make anyone mad, i just wanna know... will a stock kat600 (maybe in time with a yoshi or hindle pipe) be able to get up on one wheel and go the distance?

please don;t get mad, just please help me decide.
    thanks alot!
    Chris

Why not ask your parents that question?
    Bike is sold

Comment

my dad said that he wants me to get a bike so we can ride together... he wants me to take all the safety course etc. but he doesn't know either... so please anyone with an answer?

Comment

Then don't buy a Katana.
        Bike is sold

Comment

PIP....Kat is Heavy...you COULD do it...but it would end up ruining a perfectly good bike.

Comment

The sv is a twin it will rise a lot easier. Be carefull, They tear up head berrings, fork seals, and about everything else on the front half of the bike.
            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

so really i could lift it up on the kat... maybe not as easy but definitely possible?.. and i am not buying the kat or any sportbike for wheelieing... riding is what i was born to do... i love it!

Comment

Why should wheelie's be so important in decideing which bike to buy? you should be looking at more important thing like handleing, comfort, reliability and what you really want to use the bike for.If you want to stunt,get a bike more suitable.Oh, to be 14 again.
                Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

i don't wanna pure stunt... i wanna ride for hours.. have tons of fun cruising, showing off the beautiful katana... but i also wanna have some fun on straight roads pulling a wheelie here and there thats all.... so this is all i need here people, will the Katana 600 pull wheelies? and will i be able to hold it for longer distances?

Comment

Yes, it will pull a wheelie, but not at highway speeds. no, you won't be able to hold a wheelie for a long time unless you do some serious gearing or learn to shift while riding a wheelie.

Comment

thank you that was exactly the answer i was looking for

Comment

buy the Kat, you won't like an SV-S for long rides.

Comment

by the time you get comfortable doing a wheelie, you wont have any fork seals left, clutch will probably be shot, among other things, and if your lucky, you'll have some body work left over.

so just be careful.

Comment

I'm sure he knows by now the effects of a wheelie. He may be 14 but I'm sure like everybody else here he can make his own decisions. You can answers his questions without beating him down.

Comment

I must say the SV650S is one awesome bike. Great acceleration, very nimble, much light than the kat. It will whellie and stoppie, but if your looking for long comfortable riders the kat is the way to go, just remember the kat is not even in the same ballpark as the GSX-R's or other sportbikes, if that is what you think your gonna get with the kat, you'll be sadly disapointed

Comment

Working...
                              X