Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone know the weight of an 88 katana 1100 frame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the weight of an 88 katana 1100 frame?

Anyone know the weight of an 88 katana 1100 frame? Trying to calculate shipping to Rockford IL from Sacramento, CA. Keith? Any guesses? What is the weight of a 89-05 Katana 600/750 frame?

Thanks

Matthew

Re: Anyone know the weight of an 88 katana 1100 frame?

Originally posted by Waltari
    Anyone know the weight of an 88 katana 1100 frame? Trying to calculate shipping to Rockford IL from Sacramento, CA. Keith? Any guesses? What is the weight of a 89-05 Katana 600/750 frame?

Thanks

Matthew
    Only one man knows the answer to this question, Cyberpoet. Make sure to include how many layers of paint are on the frame (including clear coat) and the diameter of the bubbles used in the bubble wrap. If you are shipping on a crate, please include the type of wood and the age of the tree and also what type of nails were used to construct the crate.
    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat

Thanks

Matthew
      Only one man knows the answer to this question, Cyberpoet. Make sure to include how many layers of paint are on the frame (including clear coat) and the diameter of the bubbles used in the bubble wrap. If you are shipping on a crate, please include the type of wood and the age of the tree and also what type of nails were used to construct the crate.
      BRAVO

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat

Thanks

Matthew
        Thanks for the help Dork.

Comment

To answer your questions, I need to know how many layers of paint are on the frame (including clear coat) and the diameter of the bubbles used in the bubble wrap. If you are shipping on a crate, please include the type of wood and the age of the tree and also what type of nails were used to construct the crate.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            To answer your questions, I need to know how many layers of paint are on the frame (including clear coat) and the diameter of the bubbles used in the bubble wrap. If you are shipping on a crate, please include the type of wood and the age of the tree and also what type of nails were used to construct the crate.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            ROFLMAO!!!!!
            actually waltari it is very heavy

Special K knows the answer truthfully!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Honestly, my guess is 28 to 38 lbs heavier than a 90 - 97 Kat 750 frame, if you are including all the parts (swing arm assembly, rear springs, cross-brace, etc). But it's just a guess. You could probably find the answer if you call a motorcycle specific junk yard (their computer should have a "ship weight"), or you might try posting the question at oldschool.

The guess was based on dry weight comparisons.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet

PS - I have to get that previous one in -- I was so hard at KitKat's answer...
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It's going to be the bare frame only, no swingarm or anything else.

Comment

It's going to be the bare frame only, no swingarm or anything else.
                  18 lbs over would be my guess then... SWAG.
                  Like I said, call some of the major MC junk yards and see what they have to say about it -- you should find your answer in a couple phone calls. I'd start with A&J in PA.

Good Luck!
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Waltari....give me until later tonight to give you an EXACT weight. My frame is totally stripped down and there is a shipping scale available to me at my shop. I am going to take a guess. I say 45-50lbs at the most. It is not that heavy at all. does this include the subframe that the engine bolt to? I assume it does. I will give you wieght with both by the end of the day.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

ok....I weighed the frame for ya. This is just the main frame....no nuts, bolts or anything attached. This does not include the 2 engine mount rails cuz I had to lug this frame all the way to the other end of the building to use the scale....then lug it back. The naked frame weighed in at 50lbs right smack on the money. I am guessing the engine rails are maybe 7-8lbs. If you are including them in the shipping, you will be under 60lbs. Hope this helps ya out.

How much does the 750 frame weigh, Cyber? if your guess was the 1100 would be 18 over, that would make it 32lbs. Add the 8 or so for the frame rails i didn't wiegh, that would be 40.

Comment

btw...that is for a 92 frame, but I believe it to be the same thing.

Comment

Just moving this over to Katana talk
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                            ok....I weighed the frame for ya. This is just the main frame....no nuts, bolts or anything attached. This does not include the 2 engine mount rails cuz I had to lug this frame all the way to the other end of the building to use the scale....then lug it back. The naked frame weighed in at 50lbs right smack on the money. I am guessing the engine rails are maybe 7-8lbs. If you are including them in the shipping, you will be under 60lbs. Hope this helps ya out.

How much does the 750 frame weigh, Cyber? if your guess was the 1100 would be 18 over, that would make it 32lbs. Add the 8 or so for the frame rails i didn't wiegh, that would be 40.
                            Thanks...your the man!

Comment

not a prob, bud.

Comment

Working...
                              X