X

Yayyyyyyy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yayyyyyyy

this heavy ******* is finally up on the center stand!!!

Now i gota take it down to ride it
    If you dont get free tacos out of the deal then keep walking.

First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
    Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

and

[youtube]OwXZyJSPkx4[/youtube]

TO get it off, you can either straddle it with your hand on the brake, and push forward, or some do it standing to the side

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

decent video except the part about the provided lifting spot. i find more foot action helps and pulling back some with your hand works.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
        decent video except the part about the provided lifting spot. i find more foot action helps and pulling back some with your hand works.
        I agree, however, I think the point of the video is to cut down on the number of hernias and chiropractor visits. I know it took me a while to figure it out, plus quite a few pain pills and alot of swearing. First time can be a bear. I end up putting about all my wieght (190 lbs) on the rear stand, and lightly pull up on the rear, and pull back on the handle bar. But, I've done it a thousand times now too

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

actually as i think about it, once i got sufficient force on the center stand, i use both hands to pull the bike back using the rear peg. I have tried it once using the handle bars but that hurts and to dangerous.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

lower your bike than see how heavy it feels lol

Comment

I took mine off to decrease some unwanted weight! So I am just outta luck on this one.

Comment

The kat is harder to get on the centerstand than the Bandit is.

I suggest covering the front brake when taking the bike off the stand to lessen the risk that the bike will get away from you.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I don't have a center stand, I welded on some spool adapters, much easier.

Comment

That guy makes it look easy, but also you might notice that he towers over the bike there. I'd say in general he's one big dude (or that bike is 3/4 scale lol).
                    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I use the center stand almost everyday. When you take it off the center stand it is easy if you sit on the bike and push it off, it is easy to lose balance and drop if you are standing next to the bike and try to take it off the stand
                      25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

whats a center stand?

Comment

there's no way i could take any bike off the centre stand whilst astride the bike, i'm way too short ...

i'm 5'2" and weigh about 145lb, i don't let any bike beat me except the modern dirt bikes (they're too tall) that i can't get on, getting just about any bike onto the centre stand is about technique rather than strength, so a little practice doing basically as that video shows and you'll realise how easy it is (unless your frame is damaged at the stand mount area or lowered)
                          it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            I don't have a center stand, I welded on some spool adapters, much easier.
                            http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--616694.html

thanks arsenic! i've been looking for those. what type welder did you use to weld them on? could you maybe do a short how to write up?

Comment

I usually just drive a bike off the center stand, I know it's not good for the drive train, but it is fun.

Haven't on this one, the PO took the center stand off, and the luggage hooks...

Comment

Working...
                              X