X

Do you practice in the rain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you practice in the rain?

Do you make it a point to practice manuevering your bike in the rain... Accelerating, deaccelerating, stopping quickly, evasive manuevering, etc.. at all in the rain? You know what they say, if you're good in the rain, ur even better in the sun.

And no I didnt get that saying from biker boyz ... I tend to get caught in the rain alot, riding home from work, its nice in the morning then the clouds roll in and its pouring on the way home, so Im used to riding in the rain..but I do from time to time, find a parking lot somewhere, and just practice in the rain. It never hurts to stay on top of your game, even after 17 + years street riding. 8)
    No, not me, I hate riding in the rain, much less practicing in it
    0%
    I dont mind the rain, but dont make it a point to practice in it
    0%
    Sure do!, I'll practice riding in the rain from time to time.
    0%
    Never really thought about it, but sounds like it may be a good idea
    0%
    For Bisq: Whenever I get caught in the rain (which I don't like, BTW) I use the opportunity--since the bike is wet anyway--to practice.
    0%

I can't answer that until I get to Ohio. Not enough rain out here!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I hate the rain!
      (It gets my bike dirty...)

Comment

I got stuck in the rain tonight, hail actually rian is okay, hail kinda sucked.

Comment

i answered with the majority, but I am not sure I would call it practicing. I have god knows how many miles logged in the rain over the last 20+ years. All I can say is that I am as comfortable as anyone with soggy nuts can be while riding in the rain.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It's Florida: summer comes, and it rains like monsoon season in Bangledesh every afternoon. Doesn't stop me if I have to be somewhere or am coming home. Practice? No any more -- it's acquired, so just repetition. The real PIA is the folks from other places who panic and drive 15 mph on the highways -- the locals know how to handle the rain, but not the panic'd out-of-towners (hey, pull off the road!).

Now, all that said, I avoid cold cold rains (those where it's under 60 degrees out and the rain is coming down colder than the air). No sense in trying to get pneumonia...

It's also the reason I ride Metzelers z4/z6 -- the water handling abilities vs. hydroplaning... They beat any other tires I've tried for it on the Kat (and I've tried many).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              I avoid cold cold rains (those where it's under 60 degrees out and the rain is coming down colder than the air). No sense in trying to get pneumonia...
              No kidding. It rains all the time here and the kat is my only transport.. so I go out and play whenever it rains (as long as its not cold)

Comment

Repetion may be a better way to phrase it, instead of practicing; as CP mentioned. But yeah, whatever you care to call it, it definately helps to be comfortable in the rain.

Comment

Dry: Katana

Wet: Subaru

:P

Comment

I was caught in the rain tonight. I don't practice, but I don't cage it just because of the rain.
                    rock
                    always working on mods

Comment

I dont practice is in, but I rid ein it. Happened 3 or 4 times already this year
                      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I took the MSF course all weekend and did my test in the rain. That was enough for me.

Not worried about getting caught in the rain, prefer not to though.
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

rain ? what is that ?

tim

Comment

this post reminds me of something that happened last summer. we had a sudden downpour while I was at the dealers. It was like 4:50pm and they were closing in 10 minutes when it hit. There was no way I could leave cuz it was just coming down so hard, so my buddy who works there hung out with me until it let up. Anyway, when it did stop, it almost totally cleared up, so I was relieved to be able to ride home dry. NOT! The run off was too much for the drains and there was huge puddles. I didn't make it a mile when I met a car at one of those puddles. The wall of water that hit me was unreal. I am talking instant soaking. I had my visor cracked open a bit for humidity, and the crap ended up in my mouth. I went from totally dry to totally soaked in like 5 seconds. It sucked bigtime.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              ...so I was relieved to be able to ride home dry. NOT! The run off was too much for the drains and there was huge puddles. I didn't make it a mile when I met a car at one of those puddles. The wall of water that hit me was unreal. I am talking instant soaking. I had my visor cracked open a bit for humidity, and the crap ended up in my mouth. I went from totally dry to totally soaked in like 5 seconds. It sucked bigtime.
                              Never move to Florida :P

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X