No announcement yet.
X

Do you practice in the rain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't make it a habit of riding in the rain, but if it starts while I'm out oh well. If I'm at home and it's raining, I will leave the bike and take the truck. When I took my MSF course, it was just above freezing and rained all weekend too. Miserable weather, but if you can ride through that, you can ride through anything.
    Eric
    2005 GSX-R 750

Comment

Ive rode in rain a ton. Hail really sucks. Thats another story thow.

It doesnt bother me as long as it is warm. I guess I practice? I just ride.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I ride in the rain all the time, it's really not bad unless it's cold too. Just remember to watch out for manhole covers and painted lines cause thier slippery when wet.
        Kyle

Comment

There's no option there for me, which is: Whenever I get caught in the rain (which I don't like, BTW) I use the opportunity--since the bike is wet anyway--to practice.

Corners, stopping, acceleration, etc.

Mostly parking lot stuff, but occasionally (such as a few days ago) on surface streets.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

There ya go!

Comment

About the only thing I actually practice on wet roads is rolling burnouts!
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I don't ride in the rain, because I don't want to get my bike wet.

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

The last time I rode in the rain was on the way home from riding with Taz last year. My buddy and I were about 15 miles from home and saw the clouds rolling in.

I rode 11 miles in the hardest rain I had seen in years. Hands down it was the hardest rain of the summer. I think practicing in the rain would help alot. I was extremely cautious.

Comment

No choice here, really... since I'm now riding to school, I wear my weatherproof gear every day. Last time I rode in heavy downpour was Tuesday... Doesn't really bother me (the gear works great!), I just try to be more careful while cornering and braking, especially in town - lot's of white paint on the streets...
                    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

memories of last year...

A friend of mine scheduled to purchase his GS850 4 hours away from where we were and I was his only ride. So we got on the bike in the rain. We were traveling from a town of 5000 to a city of 400,000 so it was exciting. It rained the whole time. We stopped off at the laundromat twice on the way there so we can dry off our clothes and warm up. We picked up the bike and went for our last drying. On the way back it hailed for 5min. This was in the Canadian Rockies too, so it was pretty cold. One to remember though .
                      1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                      X