X

need help/advice or just comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help/advice or just comments

so i had, well not had but decided to pull the bike off the road since she decided to leave her mark on the parking spaces. so i figured while i have it in the room i am going to do some more changes. i need some opinions. new rims are going on and the fender is going to be chopped. first debate is should the rims be blue, black, silver, or a mix of blue or silver. second i need some ideas on what else i can do within a very limited budget. plus i need to save money for fixing the other engine i have since the one in it doesnt look like its going to last that much longer. i think i was going to add more but due to my add and short memory i forgot

black and polished outer lips for the rims.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you better lay some plywood or cardboard down or your gonna mess up your carpet.

Comment

Hey is that a Katana hanging on the wall??

2 Kats in the room, one for slicing one for dicing :smt065
        I had something witty to say but then I drank a beer....

Comment

BLACK, very tough looking. I am just not into the flash on sportbikes, save all the "bling" for the guys in New York that call themselves bike builders, but really just assemble bikes with other peoples parts on TV. Choppers (NOT Orange County Crap) look good all chromed and polished out, but sportbikes are about business, and nothing says that like black, or even better flat black.

Comment

My opinion on wheels is to go with a road-grey or greystone-speckle powdercoat, because both hide road grime well (thus reducing cleaning) and still look good with the black.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

you better lay some plywood or cardboard down or your gonna mess up your carpet.
              i put an old towel under the bike just in case... but while taking apart the other 2 bikes i learned a killer way to remove grease stains from carpets.. gojo and a steamer, and in a little bit of elbow grease with a hard bristle brush and out she comes :P

Hey is that a Katana hanging on the wall??
              yes it is

i like both ideas on the wheels. i am still trying to find a way though to add in some blue to the bike nothing in your face but something to offset the windshield since it is the only thing on the bike that is blue besides me.

Comment

I like the others ideas on the rims too... but if u want some blue, try some subtle blue decals; that would help tie in that blue shield nicely, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X