How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any squid can go straight.

Corners separate the men from the boys.

IMHO, if you are a really good rider, you will school EVERY 600ss in the prolonged twisties. However, as has been said before, a good rider on a 600ss (hell, a very skilled rider on a 125 single) will crush you in the twisties.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Rider, Rider, Rider. Last summer I schooled a friend of mine with my Katana and blew by him on the inside of a right hand sweeper. I was dragging knee but he was not anywhere near as experienced. He was on a R1. I have done the same thing MANY times to idiots that see the Katana and just shake their heads.

It's all about experience my friends!
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

my old kat motor ran a 12.4 with a bad light and a 2.+ 60ft ttim, the slip is in my album, be aware that new slips will be up this year and new mods to the motor

Comment

The Katana is not ment to hang with them in the straights. It is ment to be more comfy and cruisable. Now, in the twisities is a different story. It can hang and eat them there!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
            The Katana is not ment to hang with them in the straights. It is ment to be more comfy and cruisable. Now, in the twisities is a different story. It can hang and eat them there!
            While the Kat is compentent at sane corner speeds, it is hardly eats up the twisties and spits them out. Sorry... I just don't want to give someone false confidence. If there's a competent rider on a 600 race replica bike he will simply eat the Kat rider alive in the tight stuff. It takes a lot of work to ride a Katana fast in the corners. Don't mislead anyone by saying it doesn't.

The Katana is a fine bike for what it is. It's a fairly comfortable, budget priced, easy to work on and maintain, tame, entry level sport / sport touring bike.
            -Steve

Comment

I believe the end of this coversation should go something like this ....
              Same rider or riders with similar skill levels , and the 600ss will walk away from the Katana any day in whatever type of race (excluding long-range comfort sorta thing) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                I believe the end of this coversation should go something like this ....
                Same rider or riders with similar skill levels , and the 600ss will walk away from the Katana any day in whatever type of race (excluding long-range comfort sorta thing) .
                yeah thats pretty much what I said.

I love when people bring the rider equation into the situation. Obviously a great rider on a lesser bike will probably beat a bad rider on a better bike. that is a given. But whenever someone tries to compare another bike to a katana that is the first thing everyone points to. The questions arent about the rider its about the difference in bikes
                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Yeah , I figured MY origional post would be the end of it , too ! Okay , we're done . Nothing to see here . Move along , folks .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X