X

How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the 750 Kat measure up to the 600cc sportbikes

Went riding last week with a bunch of bikes and we were all gettin on our bikes here and there but does a 750 kat have enough balls to even hang with the 600cc sportbikes? If not what would the bike need to keep up or to beat it?

All it needs to beat a 600cc race replica is a rider capable of beating the rider of the 600.

Forget straight line, requires zero skill, whacking open the throttle performance. A modern 600cc supersport will beat a Kat 750 unless you're running NOS.
    -Steve

Comment

the 750 will run with it...as long as you can ride very well....it won't OUT-run it, but thats not the point....ride at YOUR pace....by trying to keep up with a capeable rider on a 600 SS can cause a world of hurt.

Comment

here is some interesting facts. The 1/4 mile time difference between the GSX-R 600 and 750 is only 3 tenths of a second. And the top speed difference is about 7 miles per hour. so NO the kat 750 will not really stand up to a SS 600 in any way. The kat is not meant to. Plus the GSX-R 600 is over 100lbs lighter than the kat.

Comment

"forget about it"
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Right , modern SS bikes put out over 100 hp , and weigh well over 100lbs. less than a Kat 750 , so ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A well skilled rider on a kat 750 vs. a newb on SS 600.. the newb will get schooled everytime. Its about the riders' skill more (depending on the style of riding) as it is about the bike itself.

Another FYI, it takes more ball$ to ride at your own pace and have fun w/ the group for just being able to get out and ride, then it does to try and keep up and possibly get in over your head.

Comment

i try to learn from the people in front of me & help the people behind me.
                those who are concerned about their position in the group are those whom you should stay away from.

tim

Comment

while I agree N4S, if the riders are even close to the same skill level you arent gonna take a guy on a 600SS
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

How about a drag race between a 02 kawasaki Zx-6r that's all stock and a 95 katana 750 with a Vance and Hines supersport exaust,Jetted carbs,+1 sprocket on the rear,-1 sprocket on the front,And a K&N air filter? Just wondering
                    97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

How long have you riden? How many track days have you had? Have you ever launched a bike of the tree of a drag strip?
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

first 60' will determine that one... a perfect katana run vs a weak 6R run it could happen
                        I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                          while I agree N4S, if the riders are even close to the same skill level you arent gonna take a guy on a 600SS
                          Agreed.

Comment

funny thing...I could beat most 600 SS bikes with my 750 Kat...off the line, because I could just hammer it and it would blow down the road...if they did the same, they would loop it. they would just be passing me around the 1/4 mile mark.

Comment

well I have a jetted 750 with a larger sprocket and full yoshi exhaust and my boys with 600s ,gixxers or f4is in my club dust me all the time. The initial burst is not even close. And I have been riding for almost 20 years, so it aint about the rider if you are talking straightaways. On twisties, of course it is all about the rider. But any squid can go straight
                              Big Cory
                              SBFMC 707
                              2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                              X