Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does your other half support your riding ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a girlfriend, she would have to be ok with riding, but it would be even better if she liked to ride with me.

DJ, will you be my Girlfriend????
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

my wife loves riding with me. She has no problem with me riding at all, she just asks that I be carefull
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

My wife's okay with it.... as long as I don't bring Range home with me.

Comment

My gf loves to ride, we rode for 3 and half hours yesterday and man what fun! I purchased her own gear, and she does not bat an eye when I talk about gettin a busa, she has nothing against riding. I could not get any better than her!
          2000 Kat 600
          "Fast Blue"
          Pic in Profile

Comment

My wife hates it. She has come to accept it because it is something that I love doing and it makes me happy. But I do get a lot of grief if I am gone for more than a few hours.

And a casual "I'm going for a ride" more often than not ends up in her freaking out just a little.

I do want to take some longer day trips out to Western Mass., because that's where the mountains are around here...she is against it, but she may yet come around.
            "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Welllll, my g/f used to be all for me riding, because she rode too. Then, last year, she was in an accident (in her cage, but it scared the shit out of her) and she's only been on her bike maybe 3 times since last June. I didn't ride much last summer because she was terrified for me, and I thought that if I just gave it time, her feelings would change. Well, they didn't, and in fact, she's going to sell her bike this spring/summer. She knows that riding is very important to me, and she would never ask me to stop, but she's not turning cartwheels when I do ride these days. She makes this face when I tell her that I'm going to ride to work (or wherever) and then just says, "Please, be careful. Are you sure you want to ride today? Please be careful. Please be careful........."

It's hard because I feel like I'm putting her through unnecessary worry. But I've pointed out that I could be killed in a cage just the same. When it's your time, it's your time, no matter what you do to protect yourself.

Sorry for the hi-jack.
              We now return to our regularly scheduled poll.....
              Hate is a special kind of love I have for people that suck.

http://www.nmburn.com (#73-Defensive Tackle/Offensive Guard)

Hi. :bigfinger Cram it.

Comment

NO other half = NO problem

But when i did have one, She wasn't a big fan of it. It wasn't the only reason we broke up, but it was one of them.

Comment

SHE HATES "THE BIKE". (sending her the way of the dodo, or trading her in for another Kat)!
                  "son, always be sure the blade is stopped before." ZING!!!!

Comment

My wife has 3 brothers all of them plus her dad race cars.. She knows what cars/motorcycles/tools can mean to men. She actually nagged me to buy another motorcycle. She will also say "I think you need to go for a ride.."

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider
                      She really doesn't care, as long as I am careful. She actually rides with me....just got her a helmet and riding jacket....she likes it.

Same for me ^
                      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My wife's very supportive. In fact, since I've been teaching her about the bike over the past year, she has developed such an interest in riding that we are going to take the MSF course this June together. We've even been bike shopping for a bike for her. She's really gotten into it, so I feel very lucky in this respect.

Comment

Mine is so ok with it she ahs her own bike now. So it does not matter in our house. Even my 2 children have some type of motorcycle. My daughter has a electric pocket bike and my son has one of those battery operated 4 wheelers. He hangs off of it has he is turning around like he is going through a corner.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            If I had a girlfriend, she would have to be ok with riding, but it would be even better if she liked to ride with me.

corey's gonna be jealous!!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                              Originally posted by SweetLou

corey's gonna be jealous!!
                              Its ok, I like to play with his feelings.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

My wife loves it. She knows how much it means to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X