Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does your other half support your riding ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is not a fan.

"Tolerates" might be too strong a word.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Nick is totally supportive, and is my life long riding partner!!
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

my girlfriend rides a sportster. her dad gave her his old one when she graduated college. she is somewhat against me getting a sport bike, though. she stereotypes sport bike riders. thinks i'll be doing 130 down a residential like so many other riders in this town. it's no problem, though.
        "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Comment

Since we met riding bikes he definetly supports it. He just has to have his own bike cuz I'm not sharing mine!!!
          Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

I am single now, but my exes loved it. I guess you could say my gf's like riding because my bike has been pretty much how I met any of the ladies I kept around for a while.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I finally got permission to take the ride to Yuma and then off to San Deigo. I think there needs to be a yes and no choice. My wife doesn't mind me riding but is reluctant to see me leave on a ride.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

My wife has her own Katana, so yeah, she's supportive.

Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Girl friend definately thinks it's hot, but is too afraid to let me go faster than 50 on it with her in it.

My mom? She's find with it. But my dad, oh shit every time I talk to him he asks me when I'm going to get rid of "the death machine"

Comment

100% support!

PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by masrapido
                      100% support!

good thing you had clothes on Mas LOL unlike that dude selling that tea pot
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Crunchie has a need for speed as well, she just tucks down behind me and holds on, and says, COMON!!!

Comment

Let's see......... In the last year and a half she has ok's the Bandit and bought the Aprilia and my pocket bike.

I think s'ok with her............
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

My wife doesn't really care for it but she puts up with it because she knows how passionate I am about riding. Her main concern (other than losing the love of her life ) is that I'm going to get greased and she'll be stuck with one income and a ton of bills. I took out a large accidental death/dismemberment policy to ease her mind. That's why she never goes riding with me...in an accident we'd both be toast. I told her that if I constantly worried about dying, I'd live in a bubble and never leave. Those that don't ride just don't understand.
                            I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

My wife has been riding with me since I traded her Volkswagon in on a Yamaha XS-650 back in the '70's. The bike was far more reliable, it always started on the 3rd kick.
                              Darrel
                              '04 Honda F4i

Comment

She knows it's important to me and wouldn't try to make me quit (knows I wouldn't anyway) but she probably would prefer I did something else. She never complains or gives me grief about it though and I think she figures if it makes me happy it's got to be alright.
                                1994 Kawasaki ZX6E

Comment

Working...
                                X