X

Which is faster?pre 98 or 98 and later

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is faster?pre 98 or 98 and later

Not trying to stir up any hard feeling here but i was wondering which bike has the edge in overall performance?

The one w/ the skinniest rider...j/k By the specs the pre 98 has a couple extra hp on the 600 that is. I've ridden both and I don't think there is that much difference. the way you sit on them is a little bit different but thats about it I think.

Comment

2002 are the fastest.......by far.

Comment

pre98's are a bit quicker
        Hello World.

Comment

Year doesn't matter. Yellow is fastest, duh...

Comment

The Pre's have a little more horsepower, which may or may not be noticable to you. Everybike in the same year can also be different depending on what kinda tender loving care it has had, or break in method (and NO we're not discussing break-in ever again)

Other differences:

Suspension
            Body Style (obviously): Lighting, etc...
            Minute Weight Distribution Diff. (Just what I heard, someone chime in)
            Traction (Tire size differences)
            The Pre's are significantly higher in "coolness" level, are cheaper to be had, and more sexier (especially in red) than their offspring

Click HERE to join the Pre 98 Katana club (oh, linky no worky...that's cause you're already here BAm!)

Comment

What is the difference between the 750cc class?

Comment

OK, IMO the pre98 750 is beyond a shadow of a dought the fastest, sexiest, and blue Kat out there. GO BLUE PRE98 LOL
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Pre's got more gutz...

Comment

Originally posted by K-SOLO
                    Not trying to stir up any hard feeling here but i was wondering which bike has the edge in overall performance?
                    No hard feelings here. It only stands to reason that the 1100's from 88-93 are the fastest....so put that in your pipe and smoke it! Ha!
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      Originally posted by K-SOLO
                      No hard feelings here. It only stands to reason that the 1100's from 88-93 are the fastest....so put that in your pipe and smoke it! Ha!
                      All respect for big brother Kat!!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

hey...he asked, so I answered...lol.
                        I do have to hop on the 750 and give it a try though...someday. I am curious just how much difference there is.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You would figure they would have up the antee on a newer model? They just gave it a face lift is what they did and decreased the hp?

Comment

I do have to hop on the 750 and give it a try though...someday. I am curious just how much difference there is.
                            IM gonna ride charliemav's 2000 kat 600 here shortly, so I'll be sure and post a review. 600 vs 750

Comment

You can try mine..... Oh wait, I got rid of that slow 750 engine, and got a 1127!!

I forgot
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X