X

The next bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next bike

Next month I am selling my Kat, I have done all I want to do to it but I feel like I need a little bit more power. I have a list of possible choices, feel free to chime in with your opinions of which one you think I should get.

900rr
    929rr
    954rr
    1000rr
    gixxer 750
    gixxer 1000
    tl1000
    r1

Thanks for you help
    Big Cory
    SBFMC 707
    2005 Hayabusa

HELLO! mcfly!? GSXR750 hands down

get it. love it.

2nd choice, 1000rr
    Hello World.

Comment

Without your riding background I cant answer you. How long have you rode? How manny miles?

I love my gix 1K but you may need to go with a 600. I went from a kat 750 to a gix 6. The gix was a major step up. The 1K is a whole new world of sport bikes. Liter bikes are great but you have to have a very smoth hand.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I vote TL ....sooooooooo sexy

Comment

That's a pretty broad range of bikes you've listed there.
          What do you want to do with it?
          What don't you like about the Kat?

....and pretty much everything else our predator friend said...

Comment

Good to see there isn't a Busa on the list ROFLMAO

IMHO 1000RR, Gixer1000
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Actually a busa is a safer bet than the new liter class. They are longer. And less HP. So not as apt to wheelie. I ride a busa on occasion. And there is a drag busa that I have rode some. They are both less wheelie prone than my gix.
              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                Actually a busa is a safer bet than the new liter class. They are longer. And less HP. So not as apt to wheelie. I ride a busa on occasion. And there is a drag busa that I have rode some. They are both less wheelie prone than my gix.
                Not if you are BigCory, check KR archives
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I didnt say they dont. I just said they arnt as apt to.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Without your riding background I cant answer you. How long have you rode? How manny miles?

I love my gix 1K but you may need to go with a 600. I went from a kat 750 to a gix 6. The gix was a major step up. The 1K is a whole new world of sport bikes. Liter bikes are great but you have to have a very smoth hand.
                    to answer your questions, I have rode for almost 20 years, learned on a gixxer 1100, so I have experience on the big ones, including hayabusas but have no desire to own one of them.
                    Big Cory
                    SBFMC 707
                    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                      Good to see there isn't a Busa on the list ROFLMAO

IMHO 1000RR, Gixer1000
                      I get reminded daily of my last hayabusa ride but thanks for noticing Thom, lol
                      Big Cory
                      SBFMC 707
                      2005 Hayabusa

Comment

I can give you personal experience in going from a 2k1 750 to a 2k4 R1.

It's like going from a biplane to the Millenium Falcon.

This is important: I do NOT know your level of riding ability. I haven't seen you ride, nor have I a sense of what your skill level is.

However, if you are interested......

R1--*snap* power. You will be going 40 before you are done letting the clutch out. 100mph is an afterthought.

The suspension on the R1 will make you think that you are going slower than you actually are. I have a "moderate" set of esses that I take on the way to work. On the Kat, it was a real workout at 70mph, and on the R1 I "smoothed" it, and when I looked down I was going 85. No try...just "go easy".

If you are an accomplished rider of the 750, I'd say that you can "go for it" on any of the bikes that you've listed. However, if you wouldn't place yourself in the "advanced" class--as in, you are really wringing the life out of the Kat--then I'd say don't do it. Liter class bikes are nothing short of astounding these days.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                          Not if you are BigCory, check KR archives
                          I have wheelied every bike at least once, lol
                          Big Cory
                          SBFMC 707
                          2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                            That's a pretty broad range of bikes you've listed there.
                            What do you want to do with it?
                            What don't you like about the Kat?

....and pretty much everything else our predator friend said...
                            I do all kinds of riding, including stunting and twisties but dont overdo it in any category. the kat is just way too slow for me and I only bought it cuz I got an awesome price on it from a relative. Once I had it, I kinda liked it but liked this forum more than I liked my bike.
                            Big Cory
                            SBFMC 707
                            2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Tiller hands down.

Thats just me of course.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment