No announcement yet.
X

The next bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the 1000RR and the ZX10 , infact if your looking for a good liter bike comparo, the most recent issue of sportrider has one w/ the big for.

If you're looking for used liter bikes, I've always liked the 900, 929, 954 myself.

Comment

That's easy, buy my 900RR in the for sale section! I can Forward-Air it to you for an extra $350-400 or so.
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I would be very leary about buying any 900RR due to the incredibly high Stuntaz factor. That is probably the #1 stunt bike ever made.

That said, any of the CBR RR family is a great choice, Honda just makes a bullet proof machine.

The gixxer 1K is the animal, especially the 05.... but they are not a physically large bike, they are tiny.

The Gix 750 is probably the best all around sport bike made, period. Plus they are very historic, kinda started the whole light is right movement. However, they do require some revs and more shifting than an open classer.

The R1 is was and continues to set the mark that other liter bikes strive to achieve. Again, this is a small bike.

Handling goes to the R1, overall sporting prowess goes to the Gix 750, and plain hp meaness goes to the Gix 1K.

If I had a choice from what you listed, I would go with the 954. They look mean, are fast as hell and are virtually indestructible. (first mod would be a Sargeant or Corbin seat)
        I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Get what you want. What the rest of us think is irrelevant, probably...

Let's ask some realistic questions:

(A) What kind of riding do you actually do? Where, how far, how long (hours), etc?

(B) Are you looking for a brand new bike, or an used one?

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          answers
          A, as listed before, I do all kinds of riding but rarely more than an hour at a time.
          B, looking at 2000-2002 used something
          Big Cory
          SBFMC 707
          2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Maybe you should go out and test drive some of the bikes that you're looking at. See which one feels the best or has a certain characteristic that you like more than one of the others.

Comment

The most recent sport rider has a 600 comparo. not 1000. Or is there an issue I dont know about?
              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                The most recent sport rider has a 600 comparo. not 1000. Or is there an issue I dont know about?
                I have no idea of what you are trying to say, please elaborate,
                neva mind, I just figured it out
                Big Cory
                SBFMC 707
                2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
                  I would be very leary about buying any 900RR due to the incredibly high Stuntaz factor. That is probably the #1 stunt bike ever made.
                  That would be just fine with me, I plan on a little stunnin of my own
                  Big Cory
                  SBFMC 707
                  2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                    I like the 1000RR and the ZX10 , infact if your looking for a good liter bike comparo, the most recent issue of sportrider has one w/ the big for.

If you're looking for used liter bikes, I've always liked the 900, 929, 954 myself.
                    I was replying to this post. Sorry for the confusion.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X