X

do it yourself...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do it yourself...

Robroy posted a good link in one of the threads and I thought it would be a good one for many on here to understand just how easy it is to powdercoat. Rob gets credit for finding the link. It is a demo movie that shows step by step how it is done.

enjoy
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

How much is the equipment. I may look into getting something like this once I get down south, and get a booth set up. Minus the Oven of course. Those can be had for pretty cheap I imagine for old used ones.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou---don't do it your in way over your head with just the paint...

Just kidding..I've heard it was pretty simple but to make sure you don't use a gas oven because the fumes it gives off can be ignited by the flame....they recommend an electric oven for this process..you could probably build one if you wanted to...all you need is a metal box, heating element and exhaust....

Had to do an edit because I saw the video....DUDE Lou go for it....I like this but be carful not to burn yourself....I may buy the kit because they made it look so easy....
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

it is easy. I only paid $100 for my kit with 2 bottles of powder. I got the oven for $20.

Comment

Wow, that really does look easy. I would like a oven big enough for a swingarm and rims though. Maybe even a frame..... Man taht would be sweet.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Find you an old electric pizza oven

Comment

no need for me, i can get anything done i want for under 10 bux, its only about 8 bux for a set of katana rims so im fine

Comment

Originally posted by lopeha
                Find you an old electric pizza oven
                too high off the floor, not enough inside height and too heavy.....I looked into it.

Originally posted by duff
                no need for me, i can get anything done i want for under 10 bux, its only about 8 bux for a set of katana rims so im fine
                go get a set done and show me the receipt. 8 bucks barely covers the powder...let alone the time it takes to strip a set down and prepare them.
                if you are getting a set done for 8 bucks, it has to be a very close personal friend....and even then, you must be really close and get real personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  go get a set done and show me the receipt. 8 bucks barely covers the powder...let alone the time it takes to strip a set down and prepare them.
                  if you are getting a set done for 8 bucks, it has to be a very close personal friend....and even then, you must be really close and get real personal.
                  i got to automotive school, and im in collision refinishing so when i get the refinishing part of the class, i will show you, all i ahve to do is media blas the rim, clean it powder her up and bake, its 5 bux for the oven fee, and 4 bux in powder we get a good deal on stuff like that, thats how im getting my new heads on the new motor i just got ported and polished

Comment

Good Job, Mojoe -- big thumbs up to you for posting this

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                      Originally posted by Mojoe
                      i got to automotive school, and im in collision refinishing so when i get the refinishing part of the class, i will show you, all i ahve to do is media blas the rim, clean it powder her up and bake, its 5 bux for the oven fee, and 4 bux in powder we get a good deal on stuff like that, thats how im getting my new heads on the new motor i just got ported and polished
                      Last time I checked on the calculator , $4+$5 =$9 ....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

wow, I never realized how inexpensive it was! Thanks!

Comment

ahhh....why didn't you say that in the first place? I was ready to wave the BS flag. Gotta love shop class. I got a 302 boss engine out of an old stang in '80 and rebuilt/modded it at the HS's expense. Then I bought it from them for $100 and sold it for $500...lol.

Good Job, Mojoe -- big thumbs up to you for posting this
                          Just give me 1 thumb up.....the other goes to Robroy for finding the video.

Comment

Working...
                          X