Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Did something Squidly....now I need to know what happened..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    (A) What type of oil did you use (brand/weight/etc)?

(B) When is the last time you drained the gas tank? Condensation, baterial contamination, rust, etc can settle in the bottom and then slosh to the petcock when you started going & slowing quickly. Consider draining it at least every other year for this reason (every spring if you store it for the winter).

(C) Quit trying so damn hard -- she was in a cage -- you could have beat her without every straining the bike. Flirt more, race less.

(D) Check the clutch cable tension and see if it stops doing the tranny issue or not. Sounds like you didn't rotate the gear rotator mechanism all the way during the last shift... if that happens, clutch in (for a longer time), push in the same direction again. If it still doesn't go into that gear even with additional travel, head the other way for a one shift, then go back.

Good Luck! Hope you didn't bend a shifter-fork with your antics.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    A) Motul 5100 15W-50 (I thought since it was an old bike and has 33K maybe a thicker oil. Plus it does get hot here in CA).

B) I had to change the petcock out in November. Tried to rebuild the original and screwd it up...don't ask...so bought a used one. The tank was completely drained and sloshed out then.

C) I know...I know and deserve the critique....

D) Will be riding...hopefully...later this morning....

Originally posted by SweetLou
    Or is the clutch cable maybe binding up someplace?
    I'll take a look this morning before I leave....

Originally posted by Need4Speed
    you didnt by chance knock the choke lever down into an engaged position? i know it sounds stupid really, but I did it once, doing nearly exactly what you did.
    I don't think I did but anything is possible...I'll look at the choke to make sure it is disengaged...

Yes hot girls are road hazards and should not be let to drive...at least on a bike they have to wear a helmet so you don't get full effect...but a chick on a bike in leathers.... ...See now I'm in worst trouble than I started....
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

(.(C) Flirt more, race less.
      take her on the first light - get her number at the second !

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc

tim
        That sums up your problem right there!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

all that and NO phone number??? awwwwwwwwww man, u better hope u run into her again, and when you do, you better get her #...
          Hello World.

Comment

It hit me afterwards that I didn't get her number but I planned to take the same route again today and see if we run into each other again....

By the way came to work on the Kat and it is running fine...No strange noises and it seems to ride the same as before...

Cyber..left you the infor you requested looking forward to your advise...I really appreciate it...and you guys can dog me all you want but I can't get this chick off my mind...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

Hmmm, runs fine now? Oil or gas fouled the plugs?

Shifting problem is not related.....need new plates/springs...maybe just an adjustment?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                Cyber..left you the infor you requested looking forward to your advise...I really appreciate it...
                I saw what you wrote and didn't see any issues there -- the oil is fine, the gas tank shouldn't have an excess of debris. Dennis is right -- the shifting issue and the running issues are two separate items (well, in 1/1000th of 1% it could be a common spline issue, but it's so rare as to be unimaginable).

Now see if you can reproduce the engine issues (not tranny issue) and find out specifically what set of circumstances causes it...

Cheres
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ok so you are telling me to do this again???...

I know what you mean and I'll see if I can create similar circumstances but if it doesn't happen again then I should be ok...Thanks for all the advice and I'll keep you updated on any thing else I do and hopefully get her phone #...

Comment

You single guys these days, WTF was you thinking by not atleast getting the digits. LOL

I pray it was just a fluke that you had the shifting issue. It sounds like a possible shifter fork porblem to me. I can be wrong because there are so many variables.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Jax, tight pink sweaters will do it all the time! Get that number!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinc

tim
                        that's the best advice
                        rock
                        always working on mods

Comment

Next time...
                          1) beat her off the line....
                          2) Get her #
                          3) Don't be stupid or get caught...

Ok I think I have it straight...Thanks for all the advise and the bike is running fine...for now...

Comment

Sounds like the infamous pink sweater problem to me. It is very common, much like the infamous 2nd gear problem that plagues the pre 98's.

Next time you see her if she is wearing another color sweater let us know if there are any problems, and when there is not, tell her to get rid of that damn pink sweater since it causes your bike problems. Note: You may want to wait until after you get her number before telling her to lose the sweater.
                            You are in California, what the hell is she doing wearing a sweater this time of year anyway??
                            Women and sweaters, number one cause of bike malfunctions in this country today!! LOL
                            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
                              Next time you see her if she is wearing another color sweater let us know if there are any problems, and when there is not, tell her to get rid of that damn pink sweater since it causes your bike problems.... Women and sweaters, number one cause of bike malfunctions in this country today!! LOL
                              The hardest problem is figuring out how to reroute you airbox intakes so the engine vacuum sucks the sweater right off the girl at the light when you rev the engine!

Laughing
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my dad always said "IF IT HAS TITS OR TIRES IT WILL CAUSE YOU TROUBLE SOONER OR LATER" i guess you had an issue with both :P
                                Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X