Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New to forum and extremely new to bikes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions:

1) I am looking to wash the bike this weekend. What is the best way to go about this without doing any damage to electrical or anything else? Is it okay to just spray it with the hose and wash it like you would a car, or what?

2) I just picked up a battery yesterday and from trying to turn the bike over, it's dead already. Is it safe to hook it up to my optima in my Jeep with jumper cables, or should I go about it a different way?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by w0mps View Post
      Two questions:

1) Is it okay to just spray it with the hose and wash it like you would a car, or what?

2). Is it safe to hook it up to my optima in my Jeep with jumper cables, or should I go about it a different way?

Thanks guys!
      Ya washing a bike with the garden hose is ok. If you are going to use a pressure washer that is a different story. If you do you have to be careful. You can damage stuff. I usually toss some imple green in a big bucket of warm water. Wet the bike down. Wait a few mins then get scrubbin.

Go buy a bat charger. It is cheaper than screwing up your bat and having to buy a new one

Comment

Originally posted by w0mps View Post
        Is it safe to hook it up to my optima in my Jeep with jumper cables, or should I go about it a different way?
        You can boost it with the car, just make sure the car is off.
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X