No announcement yet.
X

What to lift on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can sit on it and scrunch down to check it. but yeah like allykat said that would probably be the best way.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
      ok, so how do you balance the bike level and still be able to scrunch down enough to see the site glass to check your oil? or do you not bother with checking the oil?
      I balance mine with the grip and front peg too, and Range, that comment was just plain dumb.

I also grab the rear footpeg to pull up onto the CS.
      Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
      '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
      '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
      '11 Kawasaki KLR650
      I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Range View Post
        putting a bike on centerstand is for suckers

always wanted to use that one.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I just put all my weight (215#) on the centerstand kick and more or less hold onto the left side handlebar. Goes right up.
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

if you need a hand drop me a line I will come over and assist you lol

Comment

when i do it i put a foot on the peg on the center stand grab the handle bars push down with foot and jerk back, might take a couple trys but i think it works ok

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                ok, so how do you ballance the bike level and still be able to scrunch down enough to see the site glass to check your oil? or do you not bother with checking the oil?
                Seriously ? Tilt the bike upright until it ALMOST feels weightless . That's perfectly upright . THen just look down at the glass . I do that EVERY day before I ride .
                And don't "jerk" it up onto the centerstand . That's ASKING for a back injury . I'll tell you this .... I showed my little sister the proper technique , and she can ALMOST do it by herself . Yeah , she's all of 110lbs MAYBE and like 5'6" . If it's too hard , you ain't doing it right .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by giggles88 View Post
                  if you need a hand drop me a line I will come over and assist you lol
                  Im sure Ill be ok I didnt have any problems putting it on the stand before. I just felt now that I didnt have anything to grab onto on the rear of the bike. I dont really need to put it up on the stand for any reason I was just curious. But thanks man.
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

... i've always used the handle bars (maybe it's my inner fear of dropping the bike?) I just grab the bars, get a little rearward momentum, put the center stand down and it usually goes right up. It's a hell of a lot easier on the Ninja 250 I usually center stand (my now ex girlfriends) but i've never really done it with a kat... I don't have a center stand.

Comment

Working...
                    X