X

Selling my Katanas. Opinions on their replacements... please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Katanas. Opinions on their replacements... please

So I have a '92 and a '93. I traded a chair for the '93 (bone stock) and I paid $2200 for a non-running green '92. The '92 is now fitted with a bandit 1200 exhaust w/ carbon fiber Wiley muffler, k&n, jetted, carbs are NEW OLD STOCK, and it has this goofy ARSE air suspension.

My problem is that they need attention. I realize everything needs attention but I don't have time to keep trying to dial them in perfectly. I've set them so they are fun weekend cruisers, but I can feel a little hang-up on the gear shifting from 1-2 on the green one. The black one doesn't need attention but it's high mileage and it will soon.

I like every aspect of the first gen katana. I would buy two more if I could find them in better shape.

I am probably going to squeeze about $3000 out of my katanas, taking a bit of a hit just to move 'em. I'd like to drop down $3000 each for two newer bikes. Two bikes because one is for my girlfriend who likes to ride with me. She's capable enough to handle the kats that we ride right now. Any cheaper zuke's? I found SV650's. I like pretty much everything about gen 1 katanas just don't liek that they're old and rickety.

Any opinions would be helpful. I like the MPG that i get out of the old kats and the HP. I don't want one of those two banger 1000's that gets 35MPG and no more power.

I don't see why you couldn't get $3k out of both bikes. If the B12 motor is in good condition that alone would probably sell one of them for at least $2500 I would think.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      I don't see why you couldn't get $3k out of both bikes. If the B12 motor is in good condition that alone would probably sell one of them for at least $2500 I would think.

I think it's just a bandit exhaust, not a motor

What CC are your Kat's. Also for the record a 92 and a 93 are not first gen Kats.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
        I think it's just a bandit exhaust, not a motor

What CC are your Kat's. Also for the record a 92 and a 93 are not first gen Kats.

OOOoohhhhh. In that case... doesn't it flow way too much?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          OOOoohhhhh. In that case... doesn't it flow way too much?

ooh they're 600's. I kindof thought that they were the first body style with the katana label. If i'm mistaken it's not the first nor the last time

Comment

I wish I could convince my better half to ride her own bike with me...

As for the bikes, I'm sure you could fetch $3000 for both, but I doubt there will be very much interest for the pair. You'll likely have to sell them individually which may or may not work to your favor financially.
            My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
              I wish I could convince my better half to ride her own bike with me...

As for the bikes, I'm sure you could fetch $3000 for both, but I doubt there will be very much interest for the pair. You'll likely have to sell them individually which may or may not work to your favor financially.
              yeah i wasn't about to sell them as a pair. I would simply like new bikes that are just like these older ones.. fast touring bikes (i think).

Comment

When I give up the Kat I am going with a VFR.
                I like them a lot. Maybe a Triumph ST 1050, those are pretty sweet also.

Comment

Good Luck ... You should be able to pull 3K out of both bikes. The market is funny right now though. I've been checking out C/L and there are a lot of Katanas for sale. Some priced pretty good and, of course, those who are asking to much. You should not have a problem pulling 3 grand out of them, though.
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by stabmaster5150 View Post
                    yeah i wasn't about to sell them as a pair. I would simply like new bikes that are just like these older ones.. fast touring bikes (i think).
                    It's too bad you're not in Canada... you could probably get $4000 to $5000 for the pair... The market is awesome up here (for the seller anyways... ) I just bought my '89 750 for $2400... and that was a pretty good deal in my mind.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X