X

Do you ALWAYS wear gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on how I feel that day.

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. I know what the consequences will be if I do or don't.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

full gear all the time. 82 mile round trip for work and I don't have many straight runs of road where I live!!!

And you can see from my avatar, I even where full gear when I'm not riding my bike (Thanks again Dennis and BearKat )
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Always wear everything I have. I still don't have leather pants but at least wear the Draggin Jeans everytime I am on the bike.
        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Always full gear, but there's not always anything under it
          ~Jayson

Comment

Originally posted by Lagmo
            here's a little precautionary tale:

Went to pickup some take-out a few days back (short 3 mile ride).
            Ofcourse i was lazy and didn't wear much gear besides the lid/jacket/gloves combo...
            Well i hadn't made sure the tankbag was secured properly so it slapped me in the face while in a turn, which caused me to run wide and 'kick' a roadside marker while doing 50mph+

Now my sore foot's been keeping me from riding for 3 days now, during some of the best weather we've had all year *cry*

If only i'd worn my boots i'd have hardly noticed it

atleast the Kat's built of sterner stuff, not a scratch on it from the ordeal
            Ouch, man thats gotta suck !! sorry man !

I once smacked my elbow into the mirror of a car, while riding thru a parking lot, he had backed out and was waiting for me to pass him, and decided to pull out anyway, I swerved by somehow smacked my elbow on his mirror.. man that hurt !!! even with a jacket on !!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
              Originally posted by Lagmo
              here's a little precautionary tale:

Went to pickup some take-out a few days back (short 3 mile ride).
              Ofcourse i was lazy and didn't wear much gear besides the lid/jacket/gloves combo...
              Well i hadn't made sure the tankbag was secured properly so it slapped me in the face while in a turn, which caused me to run wide and 'kick' a roadside marker while doing 50mph+

Now my sore foot's been keeping me from riding for 3 days now, during some of the best weather we've had all year *cry*

If only i'd worn my boots i'd have hardly noticed it

atleast the Kat's built of sterner stuff, not a scratch on it from the ordeal

I would have stopped the bike, and beat his arse.
              Ouch, man thats gotta suck !! sorry man !

I once smacked my elbow into the mirror of a car, while riding thru a parking lot, he had backed out and was waiting for me to pass him, and decided to pull out anyway, I swerved by somehow smacked my elbow on his mirror.. man that hurt !!! even with a jacket on !!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots. Every time, no exceptions
                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I 99% of the time, wear my helmet. I always wear gloves, and normally wear a jacket...unless its really really hot and don't plan on really gettin on it. if i plan on really riding, then i'll wear the jacket no matter what.
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I always wear a helmet and gloves ANYWHERE I go. I will confess that I do not always wear my jacket.
                    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Always. For your protection. Always. HA HA HA. *Sigh*

Comment

Hmmm, thats weird. I quoted Need, but it didn't post what I had wrote. Atleast I thought I wrote something.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

well, i would say 98% of the time i wear jacket, and lid. dont have riding gloves, boots or pants yet. but, there has been a couple of times that i've just ran down to the store without my lid and jacket on. middle of the day 90* out and its through city streets. no major riding just 25mph down the street and back.
                          -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Most of the time it is full gear because the weather here makes it comfortable. Somedays it is just the lid and gloves with jeans and a t-shirt. If it's really hot, shorts, sneakers, t-shirt and gloves.
                            If I am in New Hampshire, just the gloves.
                            6 voted no helmat at times, but they did not admit it here....why is that?
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              Most of the time it is full gear because the weather he makes it comfortable. Somedays it is just the lid and gloves with jeans and a t-shirt. If it's really hot, shorts, sneakers, t-shirt and gloves.
                              If I am in New Hampshire, just the gloves.
                              6 voted no helmat at times, but they did not admit it here....why is that?
                              Chicken?????

I went out in shorts once... but now I always have jeans on. More comfy for me.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Helmet, gloves, and work boots always but not always a jacket in the FL heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X