X

Massachusetts Insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massachusetts Insurance

I want to find out how much people are paying for Insurance in MA and NE. Im going to be buying a 01-05 Katana 600. Ive had one at fault accident about 3 years ago (minor accident). Im single, 25 yrs old, and will only have had my class M for a few months.

So what are you paying in MA or other NE states...
    Please include
    * Bike
    * State
    * Ins. Co
    * # of yrs w/ Class M
    * Amount
    * Good/bad driving record
    Thanks...Appreciate it...
    Jmat1980

When I had my kat I was a 25 year old married man with a clean record and I was paying 218 a year for liability on my 99 kat 600 in RI. with Progressive.

If you go to www.progressive.com you can get a free quote online after filling out some forms, just takes a few minutes.

If i wanted full coverage it would have been 2100 a year
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Well, I pay Oklahoma insurance on most of our vehicles (wife in military), but my KLX dual sport is registered and insured in MA.

I did get a quote from Met Life for my '03 FZ1 (Liter bike) just the other day of $735 for one year, full coverage, $500 deductible. I am 32, excellent record, married.

Comment

I pay Oklahoma insurance as well, but I only have liability.
        2000 Kat 600
        "Fast Blue"
        Pic in Profile

Comment

Edit: That quote I mentioned was for MA btw. My full coverage Oklahoma insurance on the Fizzer is $345.

Comment

if they have State Farm in MA, that might be the best way to go

Comment

Re: Massachusetts Insurance

Please include
              * Bike 89 Katana 750
              * Age 19
              * Marital Status single
              * State massachusetts
              * Ins. Co Local place, Hadsdel Insurance
              * # of yrs w/ Class M almost 1 year
              * Amount 164.00
              * Good/bad driving record 1 speeding ticket just bout to im a step 13 driver

Comment

oh yea one more thing, we cant get quotes from geico or progressive, because we have a state mandated insurance rate, thats hwy if you go to their site, look for massachusetts it wont be there or on the commercials youll see excludes Massachusetts, NJ, and i think a couple others if im not mistaking

Comment

Re: Massachusetts Insurance

Originally posted by jmat1980
                  I want to find out how much people are paying for Insurance in MA and NE. Im going to be buying a 01-05 Katana 600. Ive had one at fault accident about 3 years ago (minor accident). Im single, 25 yrs old, and will only have had my class M for a few months.

Please include
                  * Bike 97 Katana
                  * Age 30
                  * Marital Status Married
                  * State MO
                  * Ins. Co State Farm
                  * # of yrs w/ Class M 5
                  * Amount 118$ (liability only)
                  * Good/bad driving record Perfect no tickets no accidents
                  Thanks...Appreciate it...

Comment

Thanks for the replies...
                    As others have stated, MA regulates the Insurance rates so Geico, State farm, progressive and others will not even insure you there, that drives all the other rates sky high...

Any more insurance info from MA and/or NE is appreciated, thanks...

Also does it make a big difference between a newer bike and an older lets say 1990 Kat 600 and 2002 600??
                    Jmat1980

Comment

Big difference. The older the Kat, the cheaper the insurance. Just like a car. A old Neon would be a lot cheaper to insure that a new Neon.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by jmat1980
                        Thanks for the replies...
                        As others have stated, MA regulates the Insurance rates so Geico, State farm, progressive and others will not even insure you there, that drives all the other rates sky high...
                        Correct-a-mundo. Just one more way the cost of living here in MA gets jacked sky high...

I pay $655/yr through Metropolitan, I get a *slight* discount for being a state employee and also a multi-policy discount as I insure my cars through them too.

Also I get 10% off for passing MSF.

32, married, no points on license (MA SDIP step 9). 2005 Kat 750, full coverage with $500 deductible.

HTH - Macka
                        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Progressive doesnt even give a discount for MSF anymore

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                            Progressive doesnt even give a discount for MSF anymore
                            thats because progressive thiks that there "low" rates are the discount ppsshhshh if u needs insurance off the internet, i dont see any convience except a headache. i personally would rather deal with a human.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            Lean in Lean out.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                            2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                            2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                            2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X