X

Some pics of project bike...exhaust for KG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of project bike...exhaust for KG

Today was officially the best day I have had since Christmas. Winter has been long and I have been extremely bored and frustrated. So much to do but lacking the space to do it. But today I finally got the project bike out of storage and some good progress has been made....as far as tearing down that is. I know I said I wasn't going to share any pics until it was done, but what the hell. Here is the pic of the exhaust for you KG....as well as the mess I have to work with. This was a good day. I feel so much stress relieved. I feel my motivation is back. Lost it there for a while and getting a late start. Thank god I have the other Kat to satisfy my riding.

Here is bike coming out of storage...what a mess.

[img]

Here is most of it stripped down.

[img]

everything but the forks and the engine...they come off tomorrow.

[img]

all the stuff that came of...there is more, but they were removed last fall and the body has been painted.

[/img]

brake calipers, shock, levers and controls, brake pedal, wiring harness, kickstand, coils...etc, etc.

[img]

all tucked away until it comes out piece by piece to be reconditioned or painted, polished, crhrome or whatever.

[/img]

the exhaust I picked up from the deal with Waltari

[img]

The can....I am going to polish it up and possibly maybe powdercoat it with highheat powder. Not sure of the color yet....but that will be another post to show the progress and how it is done.

[/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Hey...I've got one of those

See anything else you need

Comment

you forgot to send me that brace for the front fender. I am going to be needing one of those.

Comment

You know the more posts like this I see, the more I think getting a project bike could be a lot of fun.

The "new" exhaust header and mid pipe, is it powder coated or has it been painted?
        Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          You know the more posts like this I see, the more I think getting a project bike could be a lot of fun.

The "new" exhaust header and mid pipe, is it powder coated or has it been painted?
          It can be fun, but trust me, you kinda want to be prepared for it. My problem is work space, so it can be frustrating. But ya...I think it will be fun. I will let you know when I go to put it back together...lol. all the bolts went into a tupperware container. Thank god I have the exact same bike running so I can refer to it if I am not sure where something goes.

The header is powdercoat I believe. That is the way it came.

Comment

Fantastic Mojoe, I think its going to look sooo sharp.

Better you than be putting her together, if it was me, it would never happen
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I recently started using the baggy method for storing my bolts. Now I just have to remember to write on them so I know where stuff came from.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

wow that can is so nice looking compared to mine. if mine wasnt dented id ask if you wanted to trade ha

Comment

Awesome project you have going, I am envious! I won't be able to start anything for a couple more months. I have a engine for one person to do and Carb synch for now though.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X