X

$700 for a 96 600 Kat. Good? bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
    well I'm all for fixing things, so I can't fault you there, but $40 + shipping for a tach you know works and you don't have to do anything to, I'd go that route . BTW you'd get the KR 10% discount, Offer $36 and it will be excepted.
    Thanks arsenic! I'm very close to taking you up on that.

I think I am quite close to getting that bike to start. I've been able to get it to crank quite normally (no strange sounds...just very normal cranking sound). All other systems on the bike seem OK.

If it starts i'll actually need a few things:

-Tach (your tach..)
    -chain (there's a gentleman on here who is trying to get rid of his)
    -mirrors - (i have 1...but not the other...same gentleman with the chain has a pair though for cheap)
    -turn signal generator relay (saw one cheap on ebay..from what i understand its just the little black box on back of the battery holder...there's a plug that goes in there...thats all i know about it )
    -windscreen...anything will do

i gotta say tho, even if i end up getting your tach...i'll still want to know why the tach i've got doesnt work!

actually, i have no idea that it doesnt work..i havent tested it yet. I opened it up though looks pretty harmless...a few resistors here...a little inverter there..all look like 5cent RadioShack items. I don't think i'll be able to help trying to fix it anyway....a spare never hurt anyone right ??
    '96 600GSXF

Comment

Ive got an old windscreen that the PO painted black. It's got some cracks arouns the mounting holes, but it will do the job and the price is right. I's yours for shipping if you want it.

Ive also got a new RK chain/sprocket set that Im selling if you need a chain. Ron Ayers sells the set new for $160+ship, Im selling the one I have for $120+shipping.

The screen is yours if you want it and is not dependent on the chain, but if you buy the chain, I can prob just send them both in the same box and you save a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
        The screen is yours if you want it and is not dependent on the chain, but if you buy the chain, I can prob just send them both in the same box and you save a few bucks.
        Hey, wow thanks! If you could let me know how much it would be to send to 02140 I'd really appreciate it.

I don't need the chain just yet as I still don't know if the bike starts but if you have a chance definitely let me know what it costs to ship.

Thanks again!
        '96 600GSXF

Comment

PMed you back.

I would say both would be around $7-8 (Per item if shipped separately) to ship in a flat rate USPS Priority Mail box.

Combined and it's probably $7-8 for both since they will both fit in the same box.

Comment

Working...
          X