X

Warm up your tires before a ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm up your tires before a ride?

You've just pulled out of your driveway, or from work and your headed out for a ride. Do you zig-zag to get the tires warmed up everytime?
    Yes, always, and cagers look at my funny too! LOL
    0%
    Only if the bike has been sitting for a few hours or overnight, otherwise, no.
    0%
    I try to, but sometimes I forget
    0%
    Nope, I dont warm them up, they'll warm up as I ride.
    0%
    Other...explain
    0%

Since I take it easy out of the drive way to properly warm her up, she don't need no extra warming care.

Comment

I do sometimes, in my mind not needed unless you are railing right away though. I have had cops give my the "WAVE" telling me not to do that.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

It's Florida... the tires are already pre-warmed by the sun most of the year... either way, I don't zig-zag to warm them -- just riding will warm them quite well (if they have metal belts, the metal will carry the heat to the rest of the tire), and I'm not going to push it until the oil temp comes up to the appropriate heat anyway.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When I leave the house it's 2 miles of straight road before the first turn. I think they are plenty warm by then. Besides, I'm not on a race track.

Comment

I'll usually zig zag, but not real aggressively..and not out in traffic. usually by the time I get out of our development, ive zigged and zagged enuff to hit the open road w/ some semi warm tires.

Comment

No I don't. Most of my riding is highway miles so I don't see the point in it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                I'll usually zig zag, but not real aggressively..and not out in traffic. usually by the time I get out of our development, ive zigged and zagged enuff to hit the open road w/ some semi warm tires.
                I think you do that so no one says anything about your chicken strips
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

I put other. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. If I am jsut cruising around town I don't. I will do it some right before I start hitting some twisties.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yeah, I rub them really hard with my hands and tell them to wake up
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                      Yeah, I rub them really hard with my hands and tell them to wake up
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

KG I don;t think we were talking about nick...
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I have street compound tires and they don't require warming up. But...I have race pads on my front brakes and they DO need to be warmed up!! Last time I put reace stuff on my street bike...
                          My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                            KG I don;t think we were talking about nick...
                            :-k
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The Diablo's heat up fast....BUT, if it's been sitting a bit, and I'm planning on pulling a few "G's"....YOUBETCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X