X

finally got my exhaust...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got my exhaust...

Well after close to a year of waiting, I finally got myself an exhaust system. I could have got it sooner if I wanted to buy a new V&H or D&D, but they were not to my liking. The V&H is nice, but I wanted to add a different can...a micron to be exact. Anyway, thanks to waltari stepping up and helping me out on an ebay auction, I have my long awaited for exhaust. It is a Yosh. Pretty damn decent shaper for an used one. So thanks again waltari. You were a big help.

Now...question. How loud is the micron? anyone have any idea? The can on the Yosh is not too bad of shape, but when I looked inside, it looks like it might be a noisy one. The cops are a bitch here for loud exhaust....so anyone have any idea what the least loudest exhaust might be? I don't care if my bike isn't loud...in fact I prefer if it isn't.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Micron's are not extremely loud cans, when compared to a D&D... but when you get on the rpm's, the micron will scream w/ the best of them.

Comment

If you are worried about 5 0/cops go with a Hindle. If my mine isn't slipping LOL the micron is almost as loud as the D&D. No performance gain what so ever on the Kat. IMHO The Yoshi really isn't loud compared to a D&D.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

So where are the pics Mojoe, you know better than that!!
        I think Sambuca Batgirls better half had a micron.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by KG
          So where are the pics Mojoe
          sorry....no pics yet. I am not going to post any pics until the whole project is complete. I did show a peek at my nice red gas tank, but that is as far as it goes for now

Comment

TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

quiet = yosh.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                quiet = yosh.

tim

I think so too. Kitkat has a Yosh and it's quieter than a Hindle.

D&D is friggin loud. Don't buy one... the cops will be stopping you every 5 mins if they're that picky in Montreal.

I've never heard A Micron so I'm not much help with that one... but from what I've read they'd be comparable to the Hindle but a tad louder.

Comment

Wow, they must be anal up there.. Just saw a Gixxer 2 nites ago at a bar, d&d show & go slip on, road right past a cop, getting on the throttle alittle..and the popo didnt even bat an eyelash.

Comment

Ive got a yoshi onmy 813 91 Kat and it sounds good, not to loud not to quite
                    The Katana's Big Brother
                    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Why do you guys need pics, I know what it looks like Glad I could help out...whats 15hrs of driving in a day for a KR brother. I have to say, I still like the looks of the micron...maybe you could pick up a micron endcan and if it turns out to be too loud, swapin the guts from the yoshi. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by n4s750
                        Wow, they must be anal up there.. Just saw a Gixxer 2 nites ago at a bar, d&d show & go slip on, road right past a cop, getting on the throttle alittle..and the popo didnt even bat an eyelash.
                        It is region specific when it comes to the cops. I live east of Montreal in a small city that is neighbors with another city....and it is also thick with hells angels....which means lots of harleys with loud exhausts. So basically they adopted the "loud exhaust" rule in order to have an excuse to pull over the harleys. It just happens to catch us too.

Originally posted by Waltari
                        I have to say, I still like the looks of the micron...maybe you could pick up a micron endcan and if it turns out to be too loud, swapin the guts from the yoshi. Just a thought
                        I have though of the same thing. I might just try it.
                        And thanks again for your services Matthew.

As far as pics, I might actually post some soon. The can has a few scuffs and scratches, so I am going to see how it polishes up.

Comment

Working...
                        X