X

How much would you pay for this??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I wrote the guy back telling him that I would be unable to give him the $100 that he was asking for the pipes and that if he was totally unable to sell them he should let me know.

Hey, if he's gonna trash them..i'd give him a few bucks and take a crack at making them look better

Perhaps something else will come my way. No harm in keeping the stock exhaust in any case!
    '96 600GSXF

Comment

i'd be worried that the 4 into 1 collector has rotted in between all the pipes....

that would be a real headache to try and sort out...

60 miles (eachway), time and total expenses would put me right off unless it was guaranteed to be in a condition that i could bolt it straight on without any work (rewelding) apart from a wire brush and paint ...

i had headers that looked in similar condition, tossed them in the scrap bin
      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by eak0703 View Post
        can't afford new...new costs $500

maybe i'll offer him $50 if we meet 1/2 way...odds are that he says no anyway!

my stock exhaust is still good...well...it still works it is also fairly rusty. Though I am in the process of fixing that

Before:

Sanded/Rust converting...
        Then wait till you have money, or at least until a little bit of a nicer one comes along. Don't rush into something you might end up regreting.

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
          Then wait till you have money, or at least until a little bit of a nicer one comes along. Don't rush into something you might end up regreting.
          You're totally right man, you know how it is. These pipes are crap, but they have the potential to be so cheap that you say to youself "oh, maybe they arent that bad" and instantly a filter appears over your eyes and you see them better than they really are! at that moment...you become the sucker that pays $100 for rust
          '96 600GSXF

Comment

You're totally right man, you know how it is. These pipes are crap, but they have the potential to be so cheap that you say to youself "oh, maybe they arent that bad" and instantly a filter appears over your eyes and you see them better than they really are! at that moment...you become the sucker that pays $100 for rust
            yeah i have done the same thing before

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
              yeah i have done the same thing before
              02 Suzuki Katana 750
              05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Did you get a chance to call my guys ?
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Yes I did, (just called actually)

So, the CycleSports place (Chris) moved location. I spoke with Chris and he told me that since the move they no longer carry any pre98 parts. In fact, they generally now have only 2003+ parts.

So then I called Willies Cycle Salvage. $150 is the first thing he told me, plus another 25-30 to ship.

I'm going to call him again tomorrow morning to give him my info so he could email me some photos. I'll probably just post those up here anyhow

If it was $150 shipped, and the pipes were in ok condition, done deal as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks a lot for the info btw. I'll have to go check out his website too.
                  '96 600GSXF

Comment

I had stock Katana pipes sand blasted once, and they came out amazing, but it cost me $80.00
                    The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                    X