X

It's ready!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ready!!!

Finally... I am picking my bike up tomorrow morning (7:30)

It'll be 1 day short of 6 weeks since I dropped it. Bloody repairers.

Anyway, picking it up, getting new rubber popped on it (just for the hell of it) and then heading home.

And on Sunday we are having a nice big group ride again.

I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the new pipe.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Pics Please!

Comment

Let me pick it up first

There will be pics... don't worry. Be interesting to see it with the nice Carbon Yoshi RS-3 bolted on.
      fulcrum (aka David)
      Blue 2004 GSX750F
      Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
      If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Comment

Thats awsome, hope the weather is good. I was thinking that you must be getting it back soon.

Are you nervous?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
          Are you nervous?
          Nup. I rode it home after the off. Couldn't ride it down to drop it off as my helmet was dead. Rode Dee's bike around the other day. It was fine.

I'm getting new rubber as a confidence booster too. It's only money, and it might work. It just has the standard Dunlops on at the moment.

As for the weather... it is supposed to be pouring at the moment and it is sunny and about 30C. Has been the same for the past few days - forecast of rain which arrives between about 11:30pm and 1:30am. The weather guys are crap.

Supposed to be raining all weekend too, so looks like it'll be perfect for a ride... nice and sunny, not a cloud in the sky.
          fulcrum (aka David)
          Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

Thats awesome, good luck and be safe. Glad to hear the beast is back in action for ya !!

Comment

Sorry, had to say it :flipping:
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Happy Riding!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Glad to see you back in the saddle!

Giddyup!!! 8)

And get us some damn pics!!!

Comment

Well Well !!! how'd it go!!

Comment

Man... this thing looks like new (shinier than it was when I dropped it... that's for sure).

Anyway, trying to put some km's on it before I go on a ride tomorrow. The new tires feel great so far. Haven't pushed them yet though.

And the Yoshi sounds sooooo nice. Just a nice gentle burble.

Ended up with the stainless one as there seems to be a yoshi shortage in Oz at the moment... in the model I needed anyway. I was actually thinking on the way down to pick it up that I should have gone with the stainless one, so I'm really happy about that.

I'll be heading back out soon and I'll take a few pics of it then.

...oh... and if anyone remembers me asking about the front brake, well I had them look at it. They didn't say anything (mechanic wasn't in yet when I picked it up) but it is completely different now. I think there was air in it from new. Not picked up at first service, or by me as a newbie. Now it actually slows down and stops and stuff without having to pull the lever through the bar.
                      fulcrum (aka David)
                      Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

And here are the pics...

My nice new yoshi

Fixed side from the rear

Fixed side from the front

When I start it up I now get a huge grin because of the sound. That crash was the best thing I've done since getting the bike :P
                        fulcrum (aka David)
                        Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

Now, the next best thing you can do is chop that shovel!!!

And what is that bar coming up and out of the rear?
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

That bar is the mounting for my luggage system.

Here is the rack empty:

With one bag:

And here it is with both bags on it:

The bags each hold 45L of luggage. So 90L of storage per bike give us plenty of room when travelling.
                            fulcrum (aka David)
                            Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

Nice bike,boy does that thing shine,love the pipe!
                              Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Working...
                              X