X

Suzuki going naked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki going naked

MCN Australia reports that it looks like Suzuki is jumping with heavy guns into the naked motorcycle battle. After the BMW K1200R, the Benelli TNT and Yamaha's MT-01, Suzuki is looking at launching their B-King motorcycle this year.

Based on the proto type they showed a few years back, the scaled back motorcycle still looks a hit.

Originally, the prototype had a 1300 cc, turbo charged 250 hp machine. Now, it's a 1500 cc with a normal engine and a reputed 175 bhp. Not too shabby.

But gone are also all the prototype special features, such as Heads Up Display (HUD) built-in to the special helmet, fingerprint technology, remote diagnostics, etc. Still, a killer motorcycle.

It would appear that the motorcycle will be launched at the Paris motorcycle show this September.
    Attached Files

IMHO.... butt ugly.

Looks like a Z1000 and a VRod had sex with a CBR and out popped that thing.

Comment

the B King rules... at least in motor show format.... I hope the 1500 cc is a stroked busa motor and not something else....

I don't think anyone has the nerve to launch a turbo busa driven 250 hp UJM. Or if not never, the liability insurance.
      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I think I would just stick with my Kat!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
          I think I would just stick with my Kat!!!
          Yep.

Comment

I find myself strangley attracted to it.....
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I will keep my kat and buy that for the twisties and for hauling butt. I like it, it looks tough. I would definitely trailer it to the gap.
              Joe
              sigpic

Comment

thats a fatty. i like the Triumph Speed Triple and the MV Brutale...sexay nekked bikes
                Hello World.

Comment

I like it. Even more so than any Kat after the early 80's....including my own. Then again there are a ton of bikes I like better than my Kat. I only love my kat because of the sentimental value, and the fact it has been a long time payed for. Retail value would not be enough to entice me to sell it, so it is a marriage of convenience.
                  But man, I am really do for something new. 13 years on the same bike is a longgggg time.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I like the B King myself.. its mean looking, and real thick, so to speak. Which is a downfall in some ways I guess, but I like it.

Comment

I like it... and I'll like it even more after one of the aftermarket firms builds full fairings for it

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You guys all need glasses.

Comment

wow that takes some getting used too, I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.

Comment

No WAY!

I can't even remember how many times I signed that petition to have them make the B-King a production bike.....

Screw the Tuono! I know what I'll be dreaming about next winter!
                            FrankenKat 1216
                            GS Fiter 816
                            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              I like it... and I'll like it even more after one of the aftermarket firms builds full fairings for it

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              +1 on that, and a Sweet Lou Custom Paint Job.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X