X

what should i do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do?

so i brought my bike into the dealer 3/21 to have the valves adjusted a tune up and jet kit installed and tuned. the guy said it would take a week, week and a half. so i get a call week and a half later saying he cant sinc the carbs becuase someone broke one and JB welded where he puts his tool on it. so i said go ahead and order the new part for $30. he said ok it will be about another week then. well i waited till last friday and asked whats going on with my bike. manager said we are still waiting on the part should be in any time now. we will have it done by monday for sure. no call on monday so i call on tuesday asking where my bike is. guy seys it will be ready by today and i should get a phone call around 2:00 well no phone call today guys. what do i do ask for a % off my bill how much? this is geting really annoying. and im tired of the crap they are feeding me.

Go there and look at it, see if the carb cap is indeed what they say.

And then set fire to the place.

Comment

I would want to see the part. You could have gotten the part on your own faster than that. Good luck. I used to take my mechanic a 12 pack of beer every other week, I think it helped.
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

well maybe ill ask for the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky6man
          well maybe ill ask for the old one.
          You should always ask for the old parts back -- even if you just glance and them and then trash them. It helps keep shops honest and you in the loop. Plus there are often parts that others will want even in bad shape if they can get them for free (cost of shipping) to tinker with or to use as a basis for a mod.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so if they dont have it what should i do? also should i put up with this? aka them having my bike for almost a month and the shotty communication.

Comment

I would most definately drive myself down there and inspect the bike, and the parts in question. You may have a hard time getting any kinda of money off the labor bill, since they can claim the parts didnt get there yet, even if they did..but u could always ask for the shipping bill to see when it arrived/was shipped.

Comment

I would think about finding a better shop to deal with.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Lucky, I had to deal with something similar to this a year or so ago at Tousley Motorsports. Go in,and ask to talk to the manager. Tell him how you feel the shop has been putting you off again, and again, and don't let him interrupt! If someone interrpts me when I am ranting, I will politley say "Excuse me, I am talking, and when I am done, you can comment", end of story. Tell him that as such a large dealership (Yeah, their car dealership is big, but the bike section is not) they should have better service than this. Tell him you want a discount, and not a measily 30 or 50 bucks off your bill. I am talking percentages here. If he doesn't go for it, then talk to his manager, and get in touch with the Better Business Bureu.

They are dicking you around, end of story. It is one thing if they are having a hard time getting you the part it is another thing saying, it will be done tommarrow, then tommarrow arrives, and now it is going to be another day, and then it's "Well, we don't have the part yet". Its bull. Hell, I'll go down and tak to them for you if you want. I have a way of making people see things my way. Seriously. If you want me to go down there with you, I will. I'm off all weekend, Friday through Monday. PM me.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Il go with you too. That will be some serious intimidation factor.
                    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Go to the shop ask to speak to the manager and talk to him. Look the bike over real good and get the old parts!! I personally don't wait for a customer to ask for the old parts, I give them their parts up front! I am not a dealership either LOL
                      This is one of the reasons I went to school for bikes, I didn't trust any of the shops to do the work properly and in a timely manner. With parts needing ordered I would have asked you to drop the bike off when the parts come in. Not tell you a week and wait for you to call me.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

called them up just now. guy on the phone seys oh the macanic is swamped in back. what bike are you asking about. oh i gota a note seys not to call you untill he seys so. its super busy i dont think he even ate lunch and i dont have the guts to talk to him. its not his fault. yada yada my bikes been in the shop sence the 21st what a bunch of crap mine should be on the list first to get done im sure no one elses craps been thier that long.

Comment

WTF, get your head out of your arse, idiot!!!!

that is what I would say LOL
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I think a trip to the shop with Lou and Corey would make a world of differance in thier attitudes!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

maybe i should have started to cry on the phone or something. or maybe they tiped it over and are waiting for new parts to come. basterds!!

Comment

Working...
                              X