X

JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST KAT!!!

Hi guys&girls i am a proud owner of a 2002 750 kat color,red or burgandy.I was looking for 1 month and ran into this one online for 4100.00 It has 3200miles on it and is in great shape accept for rightside fairing has scrape on it.All in all i am very happy cause this is my first bike!I have wanted this bike since i was 15 in jr high. I remember looking at a cycle mag and i paged across the add for the Katana. I fell in love instantly!Well now a good 19 years later here i am telling you my story of a bike that i finaly have.Its great to be in good company with you people and i allways have hours of amusement on this site. I will get some picks up soon,thanks everyone!

Welcome to Katriders K-SOLO, sounds like you are really excited (and should be)
    Good purchase, you will be so happy with the Katana.
    Hope you took the course and have riding gear!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about wanting one for so long. I got mine last year at the age of 32 and I love it. Sounds like you got a good deal too. Post some pics!
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

Congrats man. I made the Katana my first bike a few weeks ago (at age 34). It's never too late to start. I would reccommend the MSF. Took it a couple of weeks ago and its invaluable IMO.
        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
        97 Mustang GT
        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

This is close to what I did a year ago. I had a beater bike many years ago and allways wanted the kat 750. I was messmurized by the fact it could do a 120 in the quarter and was comfortable. I wanted a 750 kat since high school. now 16 years later I have one.
          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Congrats on your new bike. Glad you like and the site. Don't have to tell you about all the information you can find on here you already know. Once again welcom to KR and enjoy the ride.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Congrats on the ride... Here's what you need to look at:

(A) Brake lines. Stock lines are good for four years, and your lines are probably that old now (as most '02 models were actually build in '01 -- see the VIN plate on the frame for the actual month/year of manufacture).

(B) Oil change. Any bike with that low a mileage hasn't been ridden much and the oil has probably seen better days.

(C) Fork oil. Forks should have their oil and oil-seals replaced every other year. My guess is yours will still be original.

(D) Tires -- make sure there's no dry rot or cracking. If they are the stock Michelin Macadam 90x, a tire upgrade is probably the single most effective upgrade you can make to improving the handling and feel of the bike. Recommendations are Metzeler Z6 or Pirelli Diablos.

Ride safe. Wear gear.
              Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sweet another burgandy Kat 750!!!!
                Maybe I should quit calling mine red?
                Where's the pics???

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yeah u should quit calling ur's red !!! Just called MAROON !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                    Just called MAROON !!!!!
                    MATT we know hes a maroon, we are talking bout his red bike you know...

Comment

Congrats on the sweet ride, now we just need some pics!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST KAT!!!

Originally posted by K-SOLO
                        Hi guys&girls i am a proud owner of a 2002 750 kat color,red or burgandy.I was looking for 1 month and ran into this one online for 4100.00 It has 3200miles on it and is in great shape accept for rightside fairing has scrape on it.All in all i am very happy cause this is my first bike!I have wanted this bike since i was 15 in jr high. I remember looking at a cycle mag and i paged across the add for the Katana. I fell in love instantly!Well now a good 19 years later here i am telling you my story of a bike that i finaly have.Its great to be in good company with you people and i allways have hours of amusement on this site. I will get some picks up soon,thanks everyone!
                        Holy crap man, you live right around the corner from me. I have an extra oil filter for your bike that I dont need anymore since I traded my kat in. Its yours if you want it. If you need any help finding a local dealer or anything I can give you some reviews and such. Congrats on the purchase and welcome
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Congrats on the bike, Kats are fun to ride, I got a GSXR too and the Kat is way more comfortable. Welcome to KR!

PS- Yellow is the fastest though
                          - Joe

Comment

yeah u should quit calling ur's red !!! Just called MAROON !!!!!
                            All I got to say to you Matt is,

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                              Just called MAROON !!!!!
                              MATT we know hes a maroon, we are talking bout his red bike you know...
                              And to you Duff, :flipping:

Comment

Working...
                              X