X

Chain Question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Question?

I just I was wondering do you guys have alot of play in your chains? I just put my rear tire back on and its just alittle bit loose but not much....I was wondering does it need to be really tight or should it have just alittle bit of play to it?

Thanks
    Ix

if you take a hold of the chain in the middle, 1/2 way between the 2 sprockets, about an inch up and down is good. if you can move it sideways an inch, it is time to replace the chain.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
      if you take a hold of the chain in the middle, 1/2 way between the 2 sprockets, about an inch up and down is good. if you can move it sideways an inch, it is time to replace the chain.
      What he said, and dont think it will make if another month. Replace it now!
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

Thanks guys......where is a good site to buy a new chain and mabe some new sprockets?

Comment

bikebandit.com or on ebay, ebay you can find the RK kit for a real good price.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I found that Dennis Kirk has quite a selection, but.....

If you go through Speedwerks, and talk to Laura, most likely, she will give you a discount since you are a member here. So PM SpeedWerks, and let them know what you are looking for!!!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

How to figure out if you need a new chain:

You shouldn't be seeing any daylight under the chain... figure if you can pull it off the sprocket by more than a millimeter, it's definitely time for a new one!

Taken from:
              CyberPoet's "How to understand motorcycle chain wear, care and maintenance." at MotorcycleAnchor.com

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X