X

what is up with the clock battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is up with the clock battery?

How is it I can buy a timex watch and within a year the battery is dead, but yet on both my 92 and 93, the clock battery still works and neither clock has lost any time? All I ever have to do is move ahead or back an hour for dst. 13 years it has lasted...and that includes freezing cold winters that kill a bike battery...or any battery. I shit you not, they are the original batteries. Unreal. Next time I need a watch battery, I think I am going to look at suzuki.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I wish I had a clock in mine
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I love the clock feature on my Kat.. between that and the gas gauge, yeah other riders are jealous!

Comment

Same here Mojoe, My 93 still keeping time

That and Casio watches!!!!
        'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

I hear ya 750....I love the gas guage as well.
          I am also considerring installing a heart monitor. That way the next cager that gets my heart rate over 140 will get the bird.

Comment

Is it possible the clock on your Kat goes off the main motorcycle battery, as it does on the 99+ models?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: what is up with the clock battery?

Originally posted by Mojoe
              I can buy a timex watch and within a year the battery is dead...
              Problem detected

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                Is it possible the clock on your Kat goes off the main motorcycle battery, as it does on the 99+ models?
                Nope....my 92 is pretty much stripped down and it hasn't had a battery in it for the last 2 years. I checked the clock yesterday and even set it ahead an hour for dst. Also, that would mean resetting the clock everytime I took the battery out. Never had to do that.
                Just keep an eye open on ebay. Once in a while you will see a guage cluster for my kat for sale. It will be sitting there on a table with a functioning clock.

Comment

yeah the gas gauge is super handy, Im gonna miss that on the Vmax. Although I must admit it didnt seem to be really accurate, but it gave me an idea.

I installed a clock on mine (kat) since it didnt have one. It was a clock with temp, lap timer, battery meter etc. It was awesome. and 1 month after I put it on, I traded in the Kat. D'oh
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR

Casio watches, w/ the cool bright colored wrist bands too! ah, the 80's !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      Originally posted by MTFYR

Casio watches, w/ the cool bright colored wrist bands too! ah, the 80's !!!
                      dude, the 80s/early 90s were all about Swatches!!!
                      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

seriously, I haven't wore a watch, or any piece of jewelery in about 10 years. Last time I had a watch on, the chuck jaw on a lathe hit it and tore it off my wrist. I tossed in in my toolbox and haven't wore one since. I have 4 in my bureau drawer that were gifts that I have never wore. Anyone want to buy a watch?

Comment

i would hat enot having a gas guage
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Probably runs off the main battery, with a series of batteries as backups. Thats what you get for low amp/volt led displayes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                              Probably runs off the main battery, with a series of batteries as backups. Thats what you get for low amp/volt led displayes.
                              That's a possibility -- battery in the clock that only gets used when the main battery isn't connected... Would explain the long shelf-life on the clock battery.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X