X

Sevice manual for an 05?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sevice manual for an 05?

Hey guys, I was wondering where the best place to get a service manual for my 05 is? I need to ask at the dealership next time I go up there, but was curious if you all knew of a better place.

Thanks,
    Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

try ebay. that is where I bought mine.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Look for a Haynes or Clymer manual. Or you could always try to get the dealer one too I suppose.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        try ebay. that is where I bought mine.
        I looked a couple times and nothing for the new ones.
        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
        97 Mustang GT
        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          Look for a Haynes or Clymer manual. Or you could always try to get the dealer one too I suppose.
          Went to both of their sites and nothing for the new ones. Kind of sucks...
          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
          97 Mustang GT
          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
            I looked a couple times and nothing for the new ones.
            ya, I know. I just did a search as well and nothing shows up. you can always get the dealer's manual, but it will cost you more for sure. There is a good chance the dealer has Chilton....and you can't go wrong with them. They are usually bigger and more in depth than haynes or clymer, but I am betting you will be paying well above $75 for it.

Comment

Well, the engines for +98 are the same. I think the only difference in the bikes is the rear subframe, and how rear plastics. Other than that, it is pretty much the same bike. all unchanged. So get one for a 02 or the oldest one you can, and you should be good. From my understanding, the kat engines haven't changed in years.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I was thinking the same thing...that an 03 would work. I saw them on ebay. I just didn't suggest it because I am not sure what has changed and what hasn't.

Comment

Get the factory manual from motorbookstore.com, RonAyers.com, or your local suzuki dealer. The manual will be a stock 98 model manual with an addendum of about 5 pages for each subsequent model year to add to the back.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X