X

Diablos vs. Z6's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablos vs. Z6's

I'm debating between these two. I don't really care about the price difference but what does everyone recamend? Who's got how and what do they like and what do you not like about them.
    Joel

I have heard great things about both tires. Actually I was thinking about posting this same question earlier today, but you beat me to it. I have heard that the Z6's are a little better in the rain and hold up longer, but the Diablo's stick like glue.

You may also want to consider the new Diablo Stradas. here is the link for the Stradas: http://www.pirelli-moto.com/en_96/ti...=DIABLO_STRADA.

Here is the general Pirelli link: http://www.pirelli-moto.com/en_96/ti...?catid=96STSTR

Comment

I have the Z6s <3

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
        I have heard great things about both tires. Actually I was thinking about posting this same question earlier today, but you beat me to it. I have heard that the Z6's are a little better in the rain and hold up longer, but the Diablo's stick like glue.

You may also want to consider the new Diablo Stradas. here is the link for the Stradas: http://www.pirelli-moto.com/en_96/ti...=DIABLO_STRADA.

Here is the general Pirelli link: http://www.pirelli-moto.com/en_96/ti...?catid=96STSTR

Tzortn-I know exactly what you mean I've only heard good things about both of them. How much longer do the z6's last? I don't really plan on driving in the rain much I just figure i'd get the best one since it is the only thing that puts your bike to the ground.

Comment

I got over 8.5k miles (14000km) out of my last set of Z4's before I caught a nail on the back (it was at about 15-20% of tread in the center at the time) -- and the front was still 40-50% of original tread, and expect the Z6's to last slightly longer. I don't know what everyone is getting on their Diablos, but I would suspect most are getting 5k - 6k miles.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            I don't know what everyone is getting on their Diablos, but I would suspect most are getting 5k - 6k miles
            I have heard figures like that before from people who have had Diablos. I think that may be why Pirelli came out with the Diablo Stradas. Based on manufacturer information the Strada is more of a direct competitor to the Z6. I really cannot say which is better. It almost sounds like it would come down to personal preference. I tihnk that I may end up going with which ever is cheaper or the one with the cooler looking tread pattern. From what I have heard you would not be disappointed with either.

Comment

Diablo's are nice, the price is right...especially if you got in on the free front tire. Mileage not so good. Closer to 3-4k.....

Comment

Where can I get the free front tire?

Comment

The deal basically is over.....But, there are a lot of places still giving areally good deal.....I'l see if I can dig up where I got the last pair

Comment

Dennis check for me too. thanks so much

Check out www.Atozhometheater.com

Comment

somebody else put up a link not too long ago w/ great prices on z6's ..i'll see if i can find it.

Comment

i'm going to write up a review on my new dunlop 208zr's soon - i got a good deal $199 mounted. ( i was thinking about getting diablos ) i was told to give them a try. I really like them - very linear turn in. the roads are still a little cold but i've run them pretty hard. i went out last weekend on wet roads and was very suprised how well they stick. i'm waiting for my new rear shock to arrive before i take them all the way to the edge but for the price i couldn't be happier.
                        i removed bt010's - they got greasy towards the end - and took too long to warm up but i got around 7-8k miles out of them.

tim

Comment

I can tell you from my experience that the Diablos rock from a traction perspective. I absolutely fell in love with them when I bought some at the Gap during the last rally. I could not for the life of me get them to loose a bite...and I rode them hard...really hard. I didn't have them (or the Kat I should say) long enough to give you a wear opinion, but they get nice and sticky in the twisties.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                            somebody else put up a link not too long ago w/ great prices on z6's ..i'll see if i can find it.
                            Those low-ball prices on Z6's were at:
                            America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

and
                            Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Remember to calculate in shipping when comparing prices.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X