No announcement yet.
X

Hugger fernders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold Teddy my Artfibras Hugger. It took 3 weeks to get it. I also purchased the Powerbronze and have had no issues. When you first get one take it out for a test spin to make sure it is adjusted properly so that it moves along w/ the suspension travel and does not bind. The difference I see w/ the 2 is Powerbronze flimsy but will move w/ the machine and has rubber grommets for mounting = more flex less cracking as opposed to Artfibras = no grommets and no pre-drilled mounting holes / rigid fiberglass prone in my opinion to more cracking issues @ the chainguard. Powerbronze more expensive than the Artfibres .MHO Also the artfibras mount on the right side ( brake side ) SUCKS ! I didn't like the way he designed it to attach the swingarm. I was not going to mount it w/ a tie-wrap and under that flimsy plastic brakeline guide. Which I removed anyway for my HEL brakeline.
    Last edited by waveman; 01-05-2008, 02:50 PM.
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by waveman View Post
      MHO Also the artfibras mount on the right side ( brake side ) SUCKS ! I didn't like the way he designed it to attach the swingarm. I was not going to mount it w/ a tie-wrap and under that flimsy plastic brakeline guide. Which I removed anyway for my HEL brakeline.

I drilled it out and mounted it with the bolt that holds the flimsy plastic thing on...

Thanks again for the hugger bro!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

hugger fender

what's the wishbone you speak of...is it the swingarm? whynot remove the wheel??

Comment

I got a Powerbronze hugger and iridium screen just after I got the bike, the hugger has a metal bracket on the brake side that holds it on to the top of the swingarm.

It had been fitted for several months and covered several thousand miles with no issues, then I took a friend pillion and the extra weight caused the hugger to catch the underneath of the bike, this caused the metal bracket to bend and it stuck into the side wall of the tyre, the hugger wrecked and the tyre was wiped out, luckily I spotted it at a stop and was able to remove it before it went right through the tyre!

If you have a Powerbronze hugger, check the tightness and fit of it at regular intervals!

Also after six months the iridium coating peeled off the screen, it had not been cleaned with anything but water, but the coating just came off!

I contacted Powerbronze and they refused to do anything saying it was my fault for using solvent for cleaning which I hadn't, but it was my word against theirs

I would never ever buy from them again, they suck
          Ian

sigpic

Comment

Hodgy, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodgy View Post
              I got a Powerbronze hugger and iridium screen just after I got the bike, the hugger has a metal bracket on the brake side that holds it on to the top of the swingarm.

It had been fitted for several months and covered several thousand miles with no issues, then I took a friend pillion and the extra weight caused the hugger to catch the underneath of the bike, this caused the metal bracket to bend and it stuck into the side wall of the tyre, the hugger wrecked and the tyre was wiped out, luckily I spotted it at a stop and was able to remove it before it went right through the tyre!

If you have a Powerbronze hugger, check the tightness and fit of it at regular intervals!

Also after six months the iridium coating peeled off the screen, it had not been cleaned with anything but water, but the coating just came off!

I contacted Powerbronze and they refused to do anything saying it was my fault for using solvent for cleaning which I hadn't, but it was my word against theirs

I would never ever buy from them again, they suck
              Amazing they don't back up their stuff! They are on my do not buy list as well!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
              X