No announcement yet.
X

How hard do you ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on the mood. But I cannot get on the highway without cracking that throttle.

But only when it seems to be clear
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Too many cops, dirty roads and stupid drivers to go nuts on the roads. I usually keep close to the speed limit. I do not need any more tickets. I do not have time for the community service anymore.

Comment

I take it easy MOST of the time

Comment

Well , I don't go WOT except to pass cars , and rarely does my bike see more than 8K on the tach , yet I like going fast , so YOU figure it out ! I like to carry speed as much as possible , and I don't go much more than 70 on backroads , 80 highway (unless I'm in a hurry) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i'm in a quandary, i no longer enjoy that quick ride to the store - if i can't spend a couple hours out on the back roads it's almost pointless.

- please pick your places carefully as steveMD stated the road is not a track. lucky for me we have lots of good roads to choose from.

but remember the legal speed limit is posted on a white sign - those yellow warnings are for cars

tim

Comment

luckily for me, i live in the middle of nowhere. allowin me to open up when i want but then cruise when i don't. gotta find myself some better twisties around to learn more. i think sunday my buddy is showin me some good ones up north

Comment

i ride normal, there are too many idiots on the street to ride like a dink, if i wanna go that fast i wait 4 days and then drag but other then that im pretty steady

Comment

Personally I ride slow in town because it is the safe and responsible thing to do. Plus you don't look as "cool" to the pedestrians as you think you do when you are speeding in town. On the back roads I am a bit more aggressive, but still cautious. I have to admit, when I was riding with the guys in Ottawa, there were times I was nervous. I am not a fan of burning through a curve on public roads. Maybe because I was in my cage once and came into a curve only to find a huge John Deere with a shit speader towing behind and I had to lock up the brakes to keep from rearending it. It has always stuck in my mind and it is there even more when I am on the bike. You never know what to expect on a public road. Blind curves are a concern for me. But I did it anyway when I was with the Ottawa boys. I am not totally anal. The roads were nice, the day was clear, and I was in the right mood. It was a calculated risk.
                  The highway...that is a different story. Give me a stretch of open road where I can see well enough ahead, that is where I bring it on.
                  I live by a simple rule. I never outdrive my field of vision. I always want to be able to stop when needed.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You have to ride slow in town, otherwise you cant check urself out in the shop mirrors while at a stop light

Comment

i only ride 10k's to work and its straight down the 8 lane expressway so im always gassing lol.

only other time i ride is in the twisties where its flat out or not out... just ask the rear bridgestone bt014 lol... brand new tyre gone in 1500 miles

cheers.joe.

Comment

[quote="smhholm"]Take it easy aroun town. Gotta be on the lookout for hot chicks, and you can't do that when you are racing around town .

same here but when it gets to highway time its on
                        Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Unfortunetly, most of my riding is back and forth to work,so i drive alot in town,and drive in defence mode,to many idiots.I hit a deer comeing out of a corner pretty fast,so i tend to be a little more conservitive on the back roads now,boring i know,but i not pushing my luck any further.
                          Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

My riding is all for joy. I work from home, so I don't have the luxury of 'riding to work.'

I keep it reasonable around town, but for the country roads and twisties, I open 'er up a bit, and usually keep it within 15-20 of the limit out there.

Tim
                            a.k.a. - Rocketman

Comment

Haha... Ask anyone I've ridden with!
                              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
                                Haha... Ask anyone I've ridden with!
                                I've ridden with him.

IT'S FRIGHTENING!

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                                X