Do you change your tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chriskatana
    For the center stand method:
    Put the bike on the centerstand, then I use a ratchet strap attached to a good overhead support, loop it under the top triple plate, and lift away, it's not necessary to lift far, just enough to get the front tire off the ground. an eye bolt in a ceiling joist of your garage should be sufficient.
    I use the open rafters of my garage to lift my bike all the time since I have neither race stands nor a center stand.
    check here for a GREAT tutorial on tire changing and the equipment you'll need.
    That method works fine...if you have a garage. But what if you don't? I do mine right outside if it is a nice day. I just roll the back of my bike up to the rear of my car, put it on the centerstand, then lean on the rear of the seat so my front wheel is up. Then I ratchet it to my trailer hitch.
    There are many ways to do it if you are resourceful.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

With all the bikes I have and how many miles I do a year (Well, most years anyways!) I change my own. I will also say that taking the time to balance the wheel by itself is well worth it as I rarely have to add weight once the tire goes on.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
      X