X

Katana 600 and GSXR600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 and GSXR600

Between a 2001 Katana 600 and a 2000 GSXR600, which one is fastest and better bike?

well even tho i am 14... i know a bit about bikes.... so really if you want a real sport bike that isn't to comfortable but is really light and fast than go wit a GSXR600 but if you want a bike to go for long long rides on that is a bit heavier, still very fast, i think it still has the GSXR600 motor in it, really its just heavier. So they are two diff bikes on two diff spectrums, it all depends on what kind of riding you wanna do!

Comment

No offense...but are you serious? So far you have two posts, this one, and "how to wheelie a Katana"

Comment

Is asyone else starting to think that this guy it just farking with us?
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

not its not just you. I think he just wants to get a fast bike and be dumb on it to show off , maybe to his friends who already have bikes, but if they have bikes then he wouldnt be here asking for advice.

If you want something thats fast and light and u can do stupid stunts on, then get the GSXR and post back after you crash. If your lookin for a comfortable bike that is decently fast and u can ride long distances then get katana.
          " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

OK, I'll play the responsible role here and answer your question..just becuz Im interested in your response..

The GSXR600 is by far a faster bike, and designed for it. Speed, torque, power, agility are qualities that the gixxer possess'. The Kat 600 is a sport tourer, therefore its a bit heavier, and the motor not built the same as the gixxer or for the same purpose. The kat is a bike you can ride all day and not feel like a pretzel after you dismount. Its got comfortable ergo's and stable, air cooled engine that can run all day in the twisties or the straights and not think twice about it.

As far as the better bike, well that all depends on what you want out of your bike experience.. but if you want a do it all bike, get the Kat.

Comment

neither...get a Vespa

Comment

The GSXR is a race bike that runs on the street, very fast, but uncomfrotable. The katana is quick, but it is designed for day in day out use. I would get a 750 kat its quicker and still as comfortable. Plus im big 250 lbs.

Or PM sweetlou and build a rocket bike that runs on propane.
                Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

If you are a newbie rider, the Katana or something in a Kawi 250. I wouldn't be looking at a new GSXR as a newbie. If you really want to wheelie, do stoppies and typical squid stuff go to www.squids.com
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

He asked the same question on sportbike.com in the stunters forum................ :-k

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                      If you are a newbie rider, the Katana or something in a Kawi 250. I wouldn't be looking at a new GSXR as a newbie. If you really want to wheelie, do stoppies and typical squid stuff go to www.squids.com
                      I think that's supposed to be www.squids.org, but it's still waiting to finish being configured

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet

PS - ask me about the BUSA I beat last night
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

LOL I only put that on there as a joke LOL
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                          neither...get a Vespa
                          LMFFAO

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by Fullautoracing
                            He asked the same question on sportbike.com in the stunters forum................ :-k
                            hhhmmmm, interesting...

Comment

is this an actual real question.....definatly get the vespa!!!!!!
                              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X