Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

anyone garage smell like gas after parking the bike inside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone garage smell like gas after parking the bike inside?

everytime i park the bike in the garage it ends up making the garage smell seriously gas consumed, its not breathable in the garage after the bike is parked inside .
    sigpic

Na don't have that problem here. I have a single car garage and it is closed all the time. Never really smell gas, just a faint smell of exhaust for maybe a few hours after parking the kat but thats it.
    It does not matter what you ride as long as it has two wheels and at least one on the ground!

Comment

I don't smell gas either.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

I only smell a lingering gas smell if I left it running and backed into the garage. It is still very strong after a few hours, but much is gone by morning.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Have you checked for a gas leak in your bike somewhere ? I had the same issue but found out that my float bowl gaskets were seeping a little. When they got replaced, problem solved. They were not pouring gas, just a little seepage.
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

its strange becuase the bike only has 5k miles on it , been droped on the side a couple times though , hmmm
            sigpic

Comment

No, but the car did on the way home....beans, eeeew...

Comment

Its not too unusual, if the bike is hot when you put it away the fuel in float bowls evaporates.
                I haven't had problem with Kat as I rarely put it away hot. I do/did with XS650.
                Its worse if you have K & N filters fitted
                PJ
                Last edited by crazypj; 12-12-2007, 01:11 AM. Reason: added last line
                I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it.
                There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Comment

I used to smell gas all the time before I tightened all my carb boots and sync'd the carbs-- then it went away somehow-- and I seafoamed it a few times....
                  At last I am a squid--

Comment

I also used to smell gas all the time. My fuel petcock was leaking. I bought a petcock rebuild kit from cyberpoet and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Chances are you have a fuel leak either on the bottom of the tank/sending unit or petcock, could even be a slight leak from an overflow do to a sticky float valve or incorrect flaot level or float bowl gasket leak
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

My garage smells like gas everytime I park. I thought it was normal because of the carburation. When I had the Jet kit installed and carbs synced, the smell got better, but it still lingers after a ride.
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Mine does all the time, I suspect that the sending unit is the culpret in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypj View Post
                            Its not too unusual, if the bike is hot when you put it away the fuel in float bowls evaporates.
                            I haven't had problem with Kat as I rarely put it away hot. I do/did with XS650.
                            Its worse if you have K & N filters fitted
                            PJ

+1 Yes. I can't put a bike away hot without getting some fuel smell in the house. Either leave the door cracked for 20 minutes or so, or let the bike sit outside for a bit before taking it in.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

that makes more sense, I pull right into the garage and shut it off.
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X