X

Ever do something dumb, on your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever do something dumb, on your bike?

I was recently reading an article about a guy who raced across railroad tracks, inbetween the gates, as a train was coming... he made it, but still Or try to get thru the automatic closing gate at your work just as it was starting to close?

Some call it dumb, others call it resourceful, but whatever you think, ever done anything you wouldnt normally do in your cage vs. your bike?

swerved in and out of traffic once.. damn road rage.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

was that before or after you locked up the rear wheel a couple times from the new boots

I can say I've split lanes a time or 2..not that I would call that dumb necessarily, but ya know.
      Never did the train track thing though..that's just a death wish.

Comment

I would never do the train thing, that is plumb dumb in my book. Split lanes, yes I have. Go through a yellow light, NO, hell NO. Road Rage, use to but it is a real large fine here if you even get caught giving the finger to another person on the road.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Take mirrors off cars with my hand........ Check

Kick doors in............. Check

Ride the shoulder during heavy traffic..........Check

Do over 150mph for at least 10 straight miles.........Check

Do a 45 minute trip in under 20..............Check

Low side off a mountain............Check
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Eh, the only thing I have done (just today actually) was pass a slow driver in a residential neighborhood cause I was late for work. I'm too much of a pansy to split lanes yet.

Comment

THAZKAT, whats wrong with going through yellow lights?

Comment

Originally posted by CorpZ
                I guess I am also a panzy when it comes to that. I have this huge fear and I mean huge fear of going through a yellow and it turning red and getting hit by the biggest, heaviest damn SUV out.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  Originally posted by CorpZ
                  I guess I am also a panzy when it comes to that. I have this huge fear and I mean huge fear of going through a yellow and it turning red and getting hit by the biggest, heaviest damn SUV out.
                  just look around and see if there are any SUVs before you run the light. if they're all small little cars, go for it
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

i split lanes all the time. i turn a 50min commute in car into 15min on my bike. I assume those of you who say no way maybe live in a state where it is illegal unlike california here. I dont do stupid things intentionally. Now if you call stopping to quick at low speed, in parking lot, while turning into a spot i saw at the very last second,stupid then im guilty once No dmg cam from that one though.

I dont weave in and out of normal speed traffic like most squids. Hell i've seen harleys do it going 45mph and not just weaving either. If there are 2 cars pacing each other side by side, i've seen them ZOOOOM though them. Im suure the drivers in the cages didnt exactly like that.

One more thing i wanna ask. Are bikes allowed in CARPOOL lanes in any other states beside cali ?
                    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Rode from Birmingham,AL to Pell City,AL in 20 minutes once (that's a 45 minute trip normally at 65mph). I got a call at work that my son had been put in the ICU. Swerving cars, using the emergency lanes right and left, I never got below 100 the whole way.
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I have split lanes, and I have used the shoulder in heavy traffic to make a right turn, why wait for 3 or 4 minutes to get to a light in stop and go traffic when you can use the shoulder, you know that cagers are saying, "wish I could do that". I do ride more aggressive than I drive my truck. I am however, courteous to others on the road, but I figure that I am just trying to survive.
                        2000 Kat 600
                        "Fast Blue"
                        Pic in Profile

Comment

I guess I am a pretty good girl compared to you lads!!

I am bad for running yellow (not actually being in the intersection when it goes red, but none the less)

I forget that I am not in the Jeep. Definately something I need to work on.

I guess I am guilty of a bit of speeding too
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

All of the above and then some. I have done a few things on my bike I couldnt ever do in my cage. I think they were called wheelies. LOL
                            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
                              All of the above and then some. I have done a few things on my bike I couldnt ever do in my cage. I think they were called wheelies. LOL
                              I have been there done that, wheelieing a car is such a strange feeling. The thing is it was on a drag strip in a 8 second car.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                              X