Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I am 14 but i got a quote form Kanetix.ca TAKE A LOOK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 14 but i got a quote form Kanetix.ca TAKE A LOOK!

Hey whats up... yea i am 14 but i do this alot to check prices for insurance on a Katana. I am canadian so this amount will be in canadian and suprisingly, the amount for 16-17 yr old kid, who has taken a sucessfull drivers course (for motorcycles obviously), with a 2004 Suzuki Katana 600 that will cost 7,000$ and with 1,000$ in mods (braada seat, Hindle pipe, so roughly around 1000$) will cost $2433 a year.
    NOT BAD!
    I always wanted a GSXR-600 but its like 5,500$ a year for insurance... i love the kat, with a Braada Seat cowel and pipe it will be the best bike ever!

anyways just thought i would share that with you guys!
    if you want some quotes on any insurance in canada... go to www.kanetix.ca

thanks guys
    Chris

Good research. It's a shame you guys up in beaver country have to pay so much for insurance. Stick with the Kat and stick with KR. Look at all the knowledge you will have when you finally do get one. Lots to learn here.

Comment

I'm 23 and pay 1200/yr for full coverage on my 04. Considering I've only had my class 5 for a couple years and my class 6 for 1 I'd expect 2400 is rather high. But then I'm in Alberta so I have no idea what to expect to se in ont.

Comment

2400 a year.. Wow.. of course rates are generally higher when you're younger..but, good call on the research! The more you know....

Comment

Nice to see a future Burlington rider on the board, I lived there for 16 years and still consider it home even though I haven't lived there in 10 years. I wouldn't rely too much on Kanetix insurance quotes, they just quoted triple what I'm currently paying. I think I'll stick with State Farm
          Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
          Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

WOW I PAY $780/YR FULL COVERAGE state farm. I am 28yrs old clean record and dont even have my class m yet.
            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

with state farm, would i get an even better rate for a Katana 600 when i turn 16/17?????

Comment

Originally posted by dark169
                But then I'm in Alberta so I have no idea what to expect to see in ont.
                Where?? Where????!!!!

I'm 20, going on 21, and my '03 is usually about $1500 for full coverage.

Paying over $2000/year for insurance seems a little insane....have you thought about perhaps finding an older bike? I bought my bike new, and I still think it was a bit of a mistake - even though I DID get mine for a wicked price. The amount you end up paying for the bike, the government taxes, tire taxes, dealership fees etc.....isn't really worth the loss you take the instant you leave the parking lot.....

If you buy used, perhaps you could end up on something like a 2001 Gix6 and not have to pay so much to ride it!

Just a thought...
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

ahhh....the joy of being an old fart. I could probably insure a new busa here for under a grand....although I may be off a bit.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm 36 with a 2005 Kat 750 only paying $430 per year full coverage with State Farm, can't complain about that!!!!!

Comment

I'm 36 with a 2005 Kat 750 only paying $430 per year full coverage with State Farm, can't complain about that!!!!!

Comment

$124 for liability only (24 yrs old)

Comment

thats about what I had w/ progressive, until I switched to full coverage.. OUCH !!!

Comment

What's insurance?

Florida doesn't require it, and I have health insurance that covers me butt and noggin' (uncapped, no exclusions)... When I go for long road trips (like the upcoming rally), I get travelers insurance (it was like $22 for 10 days last year, including medical airlift, vehicle recovery back to home, etc).

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              ....although I may be off a bit.
                              Just a bit?????
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods