X

99 GSX750F lifting onto the centerstand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 GSX750F lifting onto the centerstand

I am 6 feet and not the weakest person but any tricks on lifting the bike onto the center stand as i cannot seem to do it alone.

I tried doing it while on the bike and also standing next to it by standing on the center stand foot lever but i just don't seem to be able to lift it on.

Ant tips..

watch this video,

A brief video demonstrating how to put a motorcycle up on its centerstand.

is very easy, ones you do it the first time.

Comment

I stand on the left side of it, with the left hand holding the handlebars and the right holding the frame under the passenger seat. I push the stand down with my right foot and even the bike out on the stand, then push down on my right foor and at the same time pulling upward/back with my right hand.

I do it every day, it's easy! To get it back down sit on the bike, lean and push forward (use hand brake if needed)
      Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
        Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had a full dressed Gold Wing for a year (a friend left it with me).I could easily put it on the cenerstand,as I could with all the motorcycles I've owned with centerstands.Once you get the technique, at least with me, its almost all using your right foot with the hands just used to satbilize the bike.

jon
          Jon
          Puyallup, Wa. USA

Comment

I'm only around 5'7, 155lbs. I put my right foot on the stand and make sure that it's centered. Then, I grab the passenger foot peg with my right hand and a frame slider with my left hand, and just sort of lift and pull while pushing down on the stand. I've never heard of anyone doing it this way, but it works for me.

Weird. I just noticed the guy above me. I also have a friend named Jon who lives in Puyallup.
            Last edited by SL1D3R; 12-03-2007, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I have no freekin idea how to do it either.

Comment

Practice alot it gets easier.Don't be scared of dropping the bike.remember UP and BACK.

Comment

Originally posted by Range View Post
                  I have no freekin idea how to do it either.
                  I hope to hell that you are kidding.

I have an ankle full of screws that hurts like a ***** just to walk on, and I can do it in a snap.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                    I hope to hell that you are kidding.

I have an ankle full of screws that hurts like a ***** just to walk on, and I can do it in a snap.
                    Click the link I posted earlier .....
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks for the replies
                      The guy in the video makes it look easy and i am sure if would be for me if i was 10 feet tall like he is

I'll try it out but i am woried i will drop the bike.

Cheers

Nick

Comment

im 5'9" and 145# .. i was shown the most incredibly stupid way to lift my bike up on the stand by the dealer .. couple days of backache soon followed .. i had just about given up any thought of using the dang thing again when i found the how-to post ..now .. 15 seconds or so .. and its up no muss no fuss .. just go with the directions and you will be fine
                        so many roads so little time

Comment

You will not drop it, I use it everytime I park it after a ride.

1. Push down with your left foot

2. Make sure both sides of stand are touching the ground, now it can't tip.

3. Keep pushing down with your left foot, old the passanger grab rail with your right hand & the tie down rail with your left.

4. Now pull up and back.

After you do it once it is a breeze
                          25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Whoohoo i did it.

After watching the video i used the same method and although the bikes still bloody heavy i was able to lift it in position.

Cheers all

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                              You will not drop it, I use it everytime I park it after a ride.

1. Push down with your left foot

2. Make sure both sides of stand are touching the ground, now it can't tip.

3. Keep pushing down with your left foot, old the passanger grab rail with your right hand & the tie down rail with your left.

4. Now pull up and back.

After you do it once it is a breeze
                              never say never!

yes, you can drop it. seen it happen more than once in my years of riding. it usually happens when someone gets it 3/4 the way there, then can't go anymore....then it comes down off the stand and the stand springs up cuz they have their foot off it........a little teetering starts, than away she goes. it usually falls away from them when it happens. I have seen folks just lose it and let it go....I have seen them end up laying on the side of the bike.....and I have seen them end up on the opposite side of the bike.

I will repeat....yes, you can drop it. I don't want to scare you....only make you aware. be careful until you get the hang of it. I have been doing it 20+ years, and every once in a while I will miss and have a close call.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X