X

What octane fuel do you use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so confused

??????? 87 89 91 which one aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ??????

Comment

i run half a tank of 87, and fill the other half with rubbing alcohol.

Comment

Run what the sticker tells you to .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey! Check it out....I'm a "chicken strip"! Woohooo!

Comment

I'll just chime in with the fact I use 87 octane for the Kat. I used to run Sunoco 94 but there was no decernible performance boost. Since it was costing me an average of $1.50 more per fill up, I decided there was no sense to spend more and went back to 87 octane.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I use 95 sometimes 98. In our market they dont sell 91 or less octaned fuel.

GSX 750F "sleeper" Powered by 1100 katana.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper_76
                92. The lowest octane and cheapest you can get in denmark. Also what suzuki recoments.
                Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Fuel in Europe is sold by the RON number, not the PON number (the PON number is derrived by taking the RON + MON and dividing the result by two). Thus, what is 87 PON here is 93 or 94 RON in Europe.
                Did you not see that?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I run 93. No alcahal. It runs funny. But thats due to my compresion ratio. I ran the cheep stuff in the kat I had. Its what they reccomend.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                  6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                  5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

i run w/ 87. i used to do 89 since i bought the bike but when I changed my yoshi, it popped more w/ the 89, now it doesn't w/ the 87! cheaper too!
                    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

89 octane minimum for me..just what Ive always done with the occasion fill up of 94 now and then. Been doing it most of my riding life and its worked so far and hasnt put me in the poor house yet

Comment

Minimum recommendation is 87 octane. Run that or higher and you will be fine. Cost difference between 87 and 91 not a lot but if you feel its not worth it then no worries. You are covered with 87. I currently run 87 in my Kat and its fine. Recently put in 89 and it feels a bit smoother. Will try 91 V-Power @ Shell next time I get a chance. I currently use 91 in my car and it runs smooth, no hesitations, and pulls with the A/C on.

Comment

I use 91. You guys down south have it a little easier..........up here (in Canada) it's costing us like $5.60 a gallon (figuring in the conversion rate) Thank God bikes get decent fuel milage!

Comment

Originally posted by knight_rider
                            I use 91. You guys down south have it a little easier..........up here (in Canada) it's costing us like $5.60 a gallon (figuring in the conversion rate) Thank God bikes get decent fuel milage!
                            The price has been better of late compared to beginning of summer sitting around $1/L or more. In Toronto @ night its been about $0.79/L which is better.

Comment

87 since i got it.1.5 years later and no problems

Comment

Canada uses the ([R+M]/2) method.

Comment

Working...
                                X