X

WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR INSURANCE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR INSURANCE?

HI,I AM ABOUT TO PICK UP MY KATANA THIS WEEK AND I GOT SOME QOUTES FOR FULL COVERAGE FROM 1800.00 TO 1300.00 FOR MY 2002 750 KAT. I LIVE IN RHODE ISLAND AND FIRST WENT THROUGH PROGRESSIVE CAUSE THEY INSURE MY CARS.TO MY SURPRISE THEY WERE THE MOST EXPENSIVE,1881.00 THEN I CALLED GEICO AND THEY GAVE ME A QOUTE OF 1341.00 WHICH IS SOMEWHAT BETTER! I AM TRYING TO GET A FEEL OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE PAYING TO SEE IF MY RATE IS INLINE TO WHAT OTHERS ARE PAYING.

800 a year for full coverage... <200 for liability... 04 600... will drop to liability soon though.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

THATS A REALLY GOOD RATE WHAT DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR DEDUCTABLES?

Comment

Hmm at that rate you would have bought another bike in a few years
        92 Katana 600 Project bike
        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

The Kat is $450.00 a year for full coverage with a $500.00 deductable through State Farm. We have a truck, 2 cars and the house also insured by them. That gets us a discount.
          Now tell us how old you are. This might explain the high rate. Driving record?

Comment

I AM 34 AND I RENT FOR 1 SECOND I THINK THAT HAVING SUBPAR CREDIT BRINGS YOUR RATES UP! AND THE LAST THING IS I JUST GOT MY MOTRCYCLE LICENSE THIS MONTH

Comment

'89 Katana 750....
              Geico has me at $197/year $500 deductable for liability, theft, major medical and uninsured.
              35 riding 9 years, married, kids [knocks on wood] no reported incidents in 10+ years , no tickets in 15+ [/knocking on wood]
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Gotta back up off the caps lock fella...

If you want good rates don't go with any of the 'we'll insure anyone' companies. Talk to State Farm, they'll give you the best rate.

Comment

Around 400 a year with 250 deductible and full coverage. I know I have to change the deductible to 500. Thats through Bikeline.
                  Oh and a 2000 600 Kat.
                  - Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Judging just from your age, it sounds a bit high. Now, it could be that maybe you have a bad driving record, or maybe bad credit, or maybe they are just trying to squeeze money out of you. Personally, I would really shop around and see if you can't find something better.

State Farm from my understanding is one of the better companies to go with. They do not look at what type of bike your riding, but just the amount of CC's, and do there rate by that.

Shop around. Don't settle with the first company that comes along, and watch that Caps-Lock.... Get's kinda loud if you know what I mean
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

$200/year full coverage for my 2003 SV650 from State Farm.

Comment

I pay 117.00 per year for liability with uninsured motorist coverage. I am 33, clean record, good credit. Progressive and that is the only policy I have. Keep in mind, the rates you are quoted are also reflective of your location and populace.
                        2000 Kat 600
                        "Fast Blue"
                        Pic in Profile

Comment

im 24, full coverage on a 99 kat 600 runs 230 annualy on FOREMOST insurance, this is a VERY VERY good motorcycle company, please check into them!
                          99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

I wouldn't be thinking about full coverage - I pay 515 € a year for liability only... (the cheapest available, I've been trying almost all insurance companies here)

I'm 25, 7 years of car license with no accidents - no bike license yet though (temporary license until I pass the exam); however they say it would change much unless I've had my license for 5 years or so. It would be much cheaper if I'd have a car insured with the same company though (however I don't have a cage)...
                            - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

i'm 25 and just got my motorcycle permit a few months ago. i'm with progressive, only my 91 kat 750 insured, and they charge me $175/yr for liability only. 3 tickets in the last 3yrs (thank god they only go back that far lol).

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                              "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Working...
                              X