New anti-theft method

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New anti-theft method

Take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0bhZtc3mlA

See his anti-theft device? he talks about it throughout the movie and tells how it works.

I'm really going to look into doing this. I looked at the Kat and it has a good chunk of wire coming from the key ignition, so it'd hook up easily. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    Last edited by hougy; 11-30-2007, 11:30 PM. Reason: More info
    Just remember: Satan loves you

Interesting. He should get a patent on that and develop a cleaner version.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I was thinking I could just get 4 adapters, 2 female and 2 male. Cut the wire twice and place a M-F connections on both ends like he did, and add a locking device so it wont come off if something pulls on it.

Hmmmm

/me plans to go to NAPA and Radio shack

Comment

These would be my choice.
        Planter & DrillPopulation Monitors, Seed and Speed Sensors, Stock and Custom HarnessesShop now! Scales & WeighingIndicators, Bars, Retro Kits, Remotes, More...Shop now! Tractor PullingSled Monitors, Remote Displays, Speed Sensors, Safety LightsShop now! LED Remote DisplaysTractor Pullings Signs and Scale RemotesShop now! Connector KitsAMP, Deutsch, Weather-pack, metri-pack, Con-x-all, More...Shop now! CablesExtension Cables, Y-Cables, Adapter Cables, Power CablesShop now! HarnessesLowest Cost Harnessses on the internet, Guaranteed.Shop now! Speed SensorsRadar, GPS, Sprocket SensorShop now! Reference & SupportMore! 
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

That could work, any idea what wire guage the key ignition has?

Comment

the gix ignitions are exactly the same as that.... which is even easier to hot wire
            "they haven't made a motorcycle in oh 35yrs where you can turn the head light off Confused"

burger?

Comment

That's old school.. A multi pin connector as a key? I think JC Whitney used to sell them. I used to hide a little switch that disabled the FI relay in my cars. Car would crank and work fine but just not start.

Comment

Try this instead:

Hit the kill switch to shut the bike and walk away; the system arms itself. Who needs keys!
                Last edited by flyboy; 12-01-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

A simply toggle switch as a kill-switch under the seat would work as well as removing that wiring, and would mean two locks to have to defeat (the ignition and the seat lock).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Very true cyber. I was thinking about that as I was leaving my auto store and learned they didn't have anything for the original method I was talking about. What kind of toggle switch would work, a through-switch (where the wire goes straight through the tube, but is split in the center and is controlled via a throw switch/tightening connection)??

Comment

Originally posted by hougy View Post
                      Very true cyber. I was thinking about that as I was leaving my auto store and learned they didn't have anything for the original method I was talking about. What kind of toggle switch would work, a through-switch (where the wire goes straight through the tube, but is split in the center and is controlled via a throw switch/tightening connection)??
                      Simply control the feed going into the ignition (so the ignition doesn't get anything without the switch being "on"). Or the clutch sensor switch (before the contact switch at the clutch lever) would be just as effective (and you could use a three-way switch, where one position obsoletes the need for the clutch lever totally; the other two being on and off respectively).

Cutting the yellow lead (98+ ) from the signal generator instead and installing a switch on that would let the ignition work, the starter button work, but the engine would never fire it's spark plugs, thus never starting.

Note that none of these things will discourage most thieves from taking the bike -- since they are likely to simply toss it into a van or pick-up truck, rather than try to ride it away.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I know. But as you can see in the video, the guy had issues trying to take it. I'm thinking that if someone were to do this method and combine it with another (anchor, alarm system, GOOD disc locks) that taking the motorcycle would seem like a task not so easy once they run into the problems!

Comment

Put on anchor on there and no one is going to ride it away even if they get it started.

I like the switch idea. Especially from the signal generator. If you're close enough, you'll hear the bike cranking. Maybe catch someone trying to take it.
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

I am trying to figure out how that stops them from loading it in the truck and driving away?
                            Check out Motojour.com.

Red is the fastest color!

Comment

It won't. Like I said, it would prevent them riding off with it. If it's a pick up and take in a van method, an alarm system or anchor would prevent that. I usually park in hard to fit areas that would be impossible to lift and take the bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X